XXIV.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ we find ourselves in the unknown

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
we find ourselves in the unknown.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

THEY CAME WALKING side by side down the middle of the road without a care in the world. it was the middle of the day on a sunday, not many people going out at this time and leaving the street relatively empty. the road also acted as a bigger canvas to kick pebbles without them getting lost.

it was eli's turn now, kicking the small rock and counting how many times before it went too far and fell down a sewerage drain or disappeared underneath and parked car on the side of the road. "twelve." she said.

"lame." jungkook responded. he took a rock from his pocket and tossed it onto the road in front of him and started to kick it lightly between each step. by now he had learned a tactic to keep it somewhat under control, even the kid realized this. she didn't know what it was but he kept getting closer to twelve so she jumped infront if him and knocked the rock away with her boot.

"hey that's cheating." jungkook grabbed onto the back of her jacket before she could run off. it was this playful behavior and little giggles that had the mans fiancé watching them with an odd look. taehyung had texted him where they were, waiting not that far away by a gas station before they left. apparently the two decided to walk instead of waiting to be picked up.

"hi tae." jungkook said once seeing the brunette standing on the outside of the rv. he pointed down to the kid. "i want to keep it."

eli was blinking up at him, like she was waiting for an answer right then and there. taehyung looked between the two and stayed quiet. the kid wasn't an idiot, and she knew she was still a child. she was surprised when she was basically dismissed in a polite way. "you're backup is on the seat in the rv." taehyung said, a small smile on his face when he spoke.

she nodded and walked around to the rv door, sliding into the small booth of the even tinier kitchen. she couldn't hear what they were saying outside, but she saw the tops of their fluffy heads and how they leaned closer probably to whisper.

"how bad was it?" taehyung asked, his arms moving around the younger males waist to hug him loosely. jungkooks ark were around his neck, holding him close against his chest thanks to the slight difference in their height. "pretty bad." he said, "fucking asshole having a whole family and not worried about the one he left in seoul."

taehyung felt the frown tug at his lips, only being able to imagine how fallen the kid must have looked when seeing that. part of his was selfish for liking that he wasn't there, and that jungkook handled it instead. "we can't just keep her, that's not legal right? what if her mom goes looking for her." his words were a little mumbled due to the current embrace, but jungkook was close enough to hear him.