XIV.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ the devil has a pretty face

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
the devil has a pretty face.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

WHEN DAWN COMES the light touches the land and wakes the earth with yellow rays. gold spills over buildings and manmade obstructions to wash flora in fresh sun. they respond no matter what, waking up and blooming like the routine of day coming. they don't know the difference between a bad and good day, only knowing they needed to bloom once that sun drowned them before the dark of night could do the same.

people are more complex than that. there's more to humans than a simple bloom, with the added petals of emotion driving varying actions and others of wandering paths taking us in different directions than another flower. people don't end up all the same, in the same place coming from the same path — we do not all bloom the same way, some of us not at all.

there was a trust that flora had in the sunlight. they stayed frozen in place, roots too far down to allow them any freedom. they had trust that the sun would come back for them, their leaves stretching high as they waited every night.

that kind of trust didn't exist in humans.

"this is it?" jungkook asked. they had pulled up in front a juice factory. yoongi led the way, shuttling the car off and hoping out. he said nothing, and the others had to follow behind with their guards up and eyes out.

the man greeted them first, he was the one to slide open the large garage door and bring his friend into a hug. "what's up." he said to yoongi. "not much. is it ready?" he was always one to get straight to the point, not even introducing the few members of the team to his contact that was helping them out big. they still needed that getaway vehicle, and this was their best bet at having it work out.

"don't get mad-" the male said as they all headed into the juice factory. he spoke to yoongi and the other didn't hear his voice that got drowned out by the sound of tools whirring on and machines driving past.

turns out the juice factory was more of a secret construction site for things like this. jungkook looked around and raised an eyebrow, especially at someone coming by in a tractor pushing a palette of plywood with a dummy vault on top. "looks nothing like your warehouse." her voice seeped into his head like a virus, slithering in and wrapping around anything to keep a hold.

jungkook glanced over at yuri, "mines clean." he said, while currently standing in a layer of sawdust. she showed up this morning, driving a car that was probably not her considering how expensive it seemed. it wasn't the most pleasant thing, but she brought mr. hyoje's laptop so jungkook was in a sort of decent mood with the lady.