IX.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬❝ silence is an answer too

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
silence is an answer too.
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
⚌⚌

ALL THOUGHTS LEFT his mind when he walked out of the hotel room once seeing the van pull up, especially when every expectation he had was blown away in a single moment. it was hard to surprise jungkook, he had few opinions on lots of things so whenever something happened he barely cared. he planned things to turn out the way he wanted them to, and he was good at it, so it rarely fell out of line to produce a product he wasn't expecting. this was not the product he had in mind.

what the ravenette pictured was his pretty fiancé, getting out of that van to greet him with a kiss that felt just as perfect as the first one they shared. he saw them ignoring the job for an hour maybe, taking that time to talk about anything else while they shared a meal for dinner and pretended like they were just friends hanging out one night. he then saw himself getting into bed with that same pretty fiancé, letting him fall asleep with a mind full of thoughts only centered around taehyung.

none of that happened — because jungkook was too damn surprised to see that kid following right behind taehyung once getting out of the van. hoseok noticed the look that the leader shot his way and he just shrugged, "you said you'd find a use for anything extra." he said, glancing at the kid standing beside the brunette with a blank face. "have fun with that." he grinned, patting the ravenettes shoulder and passing him quick until he was out of arms reach.

"what the fuck is he doing here." jungkook asked, seeing how taehyung kind of shrugged at that. "hey, language." the older said, referring to the fact that they still had a ten year old in their presence. jimin took the kid by the shoulders and they followed in the same direction that hoseok went in, towards the hotel where he could see jin laughing at the scene folding out in the parking lot.

"have you heard the mouth on that kid." jungkook said.

taehyung nodded seeing how he had a point there. "oh, but he is actually a she." he said, "she just dresses like a boy." he was still trying to piece together the little he knew of the kid.

"we don't have time for this." jungkook said as they walked back to the hotel room. they were on a tight schedule, there was no room for screw ups and surprises. this was definitely a big one. "let's just eat, it was a long drive." taehyung said, "we'll figure out what to do with the kid after."

of course he would listen to his fiancé, at this point jungkook was trying his best to stay on that good side. there was an obvious question in the others eyes of why this child was here with them, but no one asked or brought up that topic on the way to the restaurant — not until they were all relatively seated after two waiters pushed some tables together to accommodate the group.