𝟏.𝟕. 𝐏𝐑𝐎𝐗𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐓𝐘

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓/𝟏.𝟕. 
☆ PROXIMITY ☆
"𝓘 𝓬𝓪𝓷'𝓽 𝓬𝓱𝓸𝓸𝓼𝓮 𝔀𝓱𝓸 𝓘 𝓵𝓸𝓿𝓮."

☆꧁*꧂☆

   IT'S BEEN HALF an hour since the fog has assailed. Allaia, Bellamy and Charlotte were sitting in the cave in complete silence, immersed in their own thoughts. Alle's face was contorted in a sense of guilt. She was blaming herself for not being brave enough to attempt to save Atom. The images of him, laying somewhere on the ground, completely on his own, as the fog was burning his skin like a living fire with its acidic qualities, were crossing through her mind constantly. The amount of unbearable pain Atom must have felt was keeping her unsettled and extremely worried. Even though she wasn't the reason of his suffering, her conscience was making her restless.

   Bellamy was watching Allaia stealthily with concern written on his face. He was sitting a few meters away from her on the same side of the cave's wall. Her eyes gleaming with sorrow betrayed it all. Bellamy could only guess what was going through her mind. All he wanted to do at that moment was to take her in his arms and comfort her; say everything would be alright, but he knew Allaia needed space right now to process it on her own. 

   Charlotte was sneakily staring at the two. A small smile popped up on her lips as she sensed the words that were left unspoken between Allaia and Bellamy. Although Lottie was young, she realized that Bellamy's gaze directed at Alle held so much more emotion than it seemed. 

"Angel, are you okay?" Bellamy spoke carefully as if he was afraid he would startle her with louder volume. 

   Allaia's head shot upwards at the sound of his cautious and gentle voice. His soft tone made her heart flutter. She found it strange that such a simple gesture was able to cease her worries; make them disappear almost instantly. As Lai looked deeply into Bellamy's distressed eyes, she felt her mood improve even more when they started softening directly after she laid her eyes upon them. The influence he had on her appeared unexplainable to Allaia who couldn't exactly figure out why Bellamy affected her so much.

"I'm fine, Bellamy." She assured. "Just a little worried."

"A little?" He scoffed. "You look like you're about to explode from guilt, love. I don't get it. You didn't do anything. Why are you blaming yourself?" Bellamy inquired curiously. 

"It's just the way I am, Bellamy." Allaia replied, playing with her fingers nervously. "I care. I always did. Too much sometimes, as you can see. It's stronger than me." She admitted. "Being oversensitive is my biggest flaw, maybe except being a lazy ass. I always wanna help and when I can't... It just makes me feel so sad and guilty, even though I don't have a reason to be. I always overthink afterwards. Like... Oh, I could've done this, and that. Pathetic, I know."  Allaia laughed sadly. "I gotta pull myself together or I'm gonna end up dead really soon." 

"I don't think it's pathetic, Allaia." Bellamy protested. "I think you're strong. You know, it takes a real courage to be willing to sacrifice yourself for someone else. Like you did with Octavia when the river monster attacked you both. Angel, you freaking saved her life, even though O was a total stranger to you. You didn't care you could get hurt. You just followed your instinct. It's impressive, love." 

"Other people would say it's rather suicidal, not selfless." Alle mumbled.

"Is it?" Bellamy implied with a hint of seriousness in his demanding tone.