𝟏.𝟗. 𝐌𝐔𝐑𝐃𝐄𝐑 𝐌𝐘𝐒𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐘

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓/𝟏.𝟗.
☆ MURDER MYSTERY ☆
"𝓛𝓸𝓸𝓴𝓼 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓫𝓮 𝓭𝓮𝓬𝓮𝓲𝓿𝓲𝓷𝓰."

☆꧁*꧂☆

   ALLAIA COULDN'T AVERT her glimpse from two bloodied fingers laying on the table in front of her. Nausea overpowered Alle. An ailing feeling arose in her stomach, aggravating her already shallow breathing. 

   However, Alle tried to remain calm and sensible to analyze the circumstances of Wells' assassination since she no longer believed the Grounders slaughtered him. There was no doubt that Wells was murdered atrociously, in cold blood, by one of their own. Mutilated fingers were a solid proof that it was the deliberate and slated crime, with an addition of posthumous torture. The motive was rather obvious. It was revenge. Wells' undeniable resemblance to his father could have awaken someone's implicit urge of vengeance. He paid for his dad's sins. Lack of rules and an easy opportunity of offloading the blame onto the Grounders only simplified the commission of murder.  

Clarke cautiously gripped the murder weapon and studied it carefully. "This knife was made of metal from the drop ship." She assessed darkly, which only confirmed Allaia's suspicions. 

"What do you mean?" Jasper implied nervously.

"Who else knows about this?" Bellamy demanded.

"No one." Octavia replied quietly. "We brought it straight here."

"Clarke?" Jasper inquired, anxiety was audible in his tense tone.

"It means the Grounders didn't kill Wells." Clarke stated.

"It was one of us." Allaia interjected with a muffled voice.

"So there's a murderer in the camp?" Jasper asked, quite horrified.

"There's more than one murderer in this camp." Bellamy reasoned. "This isn't news. We need to keep it quiet." He pressed.

   Clarke tried to walk out of the tent, but Bellamy stepped forward, cutting the exit out of her reach.

"Get out of my way, Bellamy." Clarke hissed.

"Be smart about this." He warned. "Look at what we've achieved. The wall, the patrols. Like it or not, thinking the Grounders killed Wells is good for us." He explained.

"Oh, good for you, you mean." Clarke snapped, annoyed. "What, keep people afraid and they'll work for you? Is that it?" 

"Yeah, that's it." Bellamy spat. "But it's good for all of us. Fear of the Grounders is building that wall." He emphasized. "Besides, what are you gonna do, just ask the killer to step forward?" He taunted mockingly. "You don't even know whose knife that is."

"Oh, really?" Clarke mocked. "J.M. John Murphy." She held the knife to reveal the initials written on it. "The people have a right to know." She pointed out, shoving past Bellamy. "Allaia, you coming?" Clarke sent Allaia an expectant glare.

   Allaia bit her lip, uncertain how to express her thoughts without being too unconventional with her instinctive judgment. For Clarke, it seemed obvious that Murphy was the killer. After all, his knife was found at the crime scene. Despite apparent evidence, Allaia wasn't so convinced that Murphy murdered Wells. In the Sky Box, books were her escape from reality. An imaginary world set on entirely different rules, where she could immerse herself so deep and forget about her authentic life. Crime fiction was one of Alle's favorite. She treated it like a riddle she could solve step by step, analyzing the details hidden behind descriptions and characters' alleged motives.