𝟏.𝟏𝟎. 𝐅𝐀𝐋𝐋𝐄𝐍 𝐁𝐈𝐑𝐃

𝐏𝐔𝐑𝐄 𝐇𝐄𝐀𝐑𝐓/𝟏.𝟏𝟎.
FALLEN BIRD 
"𝓘 𝓭𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓶𝓮𝓭 𝓲𝓽 𝔀𝓸𝓾𝓵𝓭 𝓼𝓶𝓮𝓵𝓵 𝓵𝓲𝓴𝓮 𝓽𝓱𝓲𝓼."

☆꧁*꧂☆

   A POD SHOOTING through the sky with inconceivable speed amazed everyone at camp. Its journey to the ground was difficult to watch, because the capsule was falling rapidly, in the middle of night, with only the stars illuminating the horizon bereaved in darkness. 

   Allaia and Octavia were quick to leave their shared tent to admire the sight spreading above them. For a moment Alle thought the pod was a creation of her vivid imagination, messing with her mind after the loss of blood from a few hours before. But when more people began staring at the sky with wide eyes, Allaia knew she wasn't going temporarily insane. 

   A sigh full of pain escaped her lips, as the memory of Charlotte falling into the abyss flashed across her eyes. Allaia was having an extremely hard time coping with her suicide. The guilt Charlotte must have felt, caused by killing Wells', was like a gasoline, setting her insides ablaze. Her nonimmune psyche couldn't handle the remorse associated with her sin, so she chose to die. Allaia feared that the lecture she gave Charlotte earlier that day in Bellamy's tent contributed to her decision of ending her life. The fire of self-blame was burning Allaia so badly that there was nothing left, but a shell, an outline of a person. No matter how hard she tried to fill the void, it remained empty, leaving this nothingness anchored in her mind forever. 

"Bellamy! Get out here!" Octavia called out.

   Bellamy exited his tent. He was shirtless; his muscular chest particularly on display. Two girls wrapped in blankets followed behind him shamelessly.

   It was embarrassingly obvious Bellamy and these girls were in the middle of something before Octavia interrupted. A trace of unpleasant feeling consumed Allaia at the sight of the three. This emotion was foreign to her; a bitter mix between jealousy and grief, toying with her fragile heart. Allaia frowned in confusion. Why was this affecting her so much? She barely knew Bellamy, yet her soul seemed to ache, knowing he was intimate with someone else.

   Being envious of a person always appeared irrational to Alle, and here she was, foolishly jealous of the guy who wasn't even her boyfriend. It was absurd. Why am I feeling this way?, Allaia wondered. Her relationship with Bellamy was rather weird; there was no exact label which could describe this strange connection blooming between them. Undeniably, Allaia felt a tinge of attraction towards Bellamy, but she realized that this innocent flame of infatuation needed to be extinguished urgently. 

   Her image of love was twisted. The perception of romantic affection Nixon had forcefully inserted in Allaia's mind was soaked in toxicity. Of course, Bellamy and Nixon were absolute opposites, but Allaia was exceedingly afraid to involve herself in anything even remotely close to a romantic relationship. She had to quell this blossoming sympathy towards Bellamy before her feelings would spin out of control.

   Besides, Bellamy probably treated her like a friend anyways. Allaia wasn't trying to be inconsiderate towards what he might have felt. Due to the lack of her self-confidence, it seemed rather unlikely to Alle that someone like Bellamy could have been attracted to her. Allaia's behavior  wasn't selfish; she didn't want to deceive Bellamy into an illusion of false hope. She was willing to sacrifice her own feelings to spare him the possible scathe.