Chapter 4

The room was finally silence, except for the little plum's eating, as Lin Hai had finally ushered the three annoying women out. Fu Chun and Fu Zuánshi's voices could be heard all the way down the hall as they squabbled with each other. Why did he have to have so many concubines? And the ministers still nag on him to appoint a wife.

Di Xúe's eyes turned to the little plum who just stared at the closed door while Lin Hai brushed off his clothes with a sigh.

"The Fus are surely... Spirited."

"They are annoying. Don't let them in here the next time," 'said Di Xúe bitterly. "We need to know who wanted to kill me."

The little plum let out a snort," it's obvious."

"Oh, do tell," Di Xúe said and cocked an eyebrow in disbelief.

"It's that Fu Tián! Look at her, she is clearly way to innocent. No woman is that innocent!"

Di Xúe stared at the little plum along with Lin Hai.

"That is your reasoning?"

"You can see it in her eyes!"

"You must have quite a bad experience with women if you dislike them that much," muttered Di Xúe.

The little plum huffed," I have four nasty sisters who bullied me growing up."

"That explains it," thought Di Xúe but did not waste any more time with the plum.

"How do you want to proceed, Huángdi?" asked Lin Hai.

"Firstly, Xiao Mei needs to move in with me," Di Xúe said with a sweet smile at the little plum who choked on the cake. He coughed and gasped for air while staring at Di Xúe with red eyes. "You can't expect the ministers to take our relationship serious if you don't even live with me."

"That won't bother me," muttered the little plum with a pout while Di Xúe ignored him.

"Make sure to give him the Palace of Heavenly Grace as it is reserved for the Emperor's favorite concubine. It is the one closest to my bedroom. Appoint both servants and guards to his quarters."

"More than the concubines?" asked Lin Hai.

"Of course, we must put on the appearance that he is the favorite."

The little plum rolled his eyes. "I'm sure that will convince everyone."

"I can hear your sarcasm from here. Only add something if-"

"Throw me a party."

Di Xúe stared at the little plum. "He actually dared to interrupt me!" He held back his anger and narrowed his eyes at the rude little thing. "For what purpose?"

"My birthday is in two weeks. If you want to play the favorite. Throw me a luxurious party and make sure to be seen at my side. Changing quarters will only make me seem like a concubine. You will need to do something you would only do to an Empress for this to work," said the little plum casually. Di Xúe leaned back as he listened. The plum might have a good idea, though Di Xúe had a feeling that he only wanted to be spoiled with rich food and presents.

"Huángdi?" asked Lin Hai carefully.

"Do as he says. Make sure to make it extravagant."

Lin Hai bowed to Di Xúe and exited the room to relay the Emperor's order.

*****

Yecao Ji hummed as he packs all Yecao Cao's things while ordering the servants sent from the palace to take them away. Yecao Cao could only glare at his brother's light-hearted mood.