Chapter 24

The reunion was lively as the three women chattered away like chickens not giving the men even the slightest opening to say their part. All they could do is wait for them to finish. The moment arrived when Yecao Cao was almost knocked over by something slamming into his legs. In shock he looked down only to see two big eyes looking at him with accusation. His son's little face was plastered with a prominent pout showing his displeasure of being left behind.

Yecao Cao was just about to appease his little Yun when a squeal echoed.

"Who is this cute little bun?" chippered Yecao Yue and tried to touch little Yun who expertly avoided her hand and glared at them like they were demons. His son was clever. These women were beasts hidden in the shape of doves.

Yecao Honghua leaned over to get a better look at the boy. Her red hair fell over her ample breast that made all the men with few exceptions swallow hard as they took in the view. She ignored them though and watched the boy with interest. "Why is he so thin?"

Yecao Honghua looked over Yecao Cao's body with suspiscion. "Did you eat all his food?"

Yecao Cao was so insulted that he turned red. "No, I did not your insolent woman! He was starving when I found him. He looks much better now than he did back then."

"Found him... Did you steal a child?"

"He is an orphan. His family is gone," Yecao Cao said coldly. He could feel little Yun's grip tightening on his leg. They have rarely spoken about what happened to little Yun since it seem to bring back bad memories for the little bun. Of course, his sisters have not enough tact to even consider not bring it up!

Yecao Honghua peered at her younger brother clearly seeing the anger in his eyes. When her eyes turned back to the child and saw the boys pale face and teary eyes she knew why her little brother showed such anger.

Yecao Honghua huffed," Well, my nephew is not going around looking starved. We brought plenty of meat for him to eat."

"And some candy," Yecao Yue enticed and pulled out some colorful candies for little Yun who did not take them. The boy knew not to take gifts from strangers and Yecao Cao patted his head.

"They might be annoying but they are you aunts. Better give them some face," Yecao Cao said and little Yun nodded with a serious face before he took the candies with a face that could not hide his glee.

"What are you two even doing here?" Yecao Cao asked.

"The Emperor had some troubles with getting aid from Dongzhou so no further supplies will come. I and sister Yue had planned to go here to sell her perfume before the demons invaded so we took the opportunity to gather whatever supplies could be spared and escorted them here," Yecao Honghua said while Yecao Yue ignored them both to dot on her nephew.

"Saw any demons?"

"No, are you sure that there is any?"

All of them fell into silence. She said what they all had been thinking. Maybe the demons caused trouble only to return home to Diyu. It wouldn't be the first time it happened.

The only reason why no one have uttered what they thought of is that none wanted it to be true. All sects have gathered and all wanted glory but none have received it. It would be a hollow victory if the demons had just retreated.

"I'm not as sure," Yecao Cao muttered. "I do not know Héi Yaoshi personally but it is rare that the Demon Emperor leaves Diyu. It is unprecedented of him leaving just to cause some mayhem. Especially with so many demons."

"Then why-"

"I do not know and that bother me," Yecao Cao replied and all the expressions turned grim. Something needed to happen soon or this situation might turn from decent to worse.