Chapter 14

Yecao Cao grimaced as he flexed his sore back. He had not been sleeping between two men since he had to sleep with his two elder brothers when the rooms were being renovated in their estate. Being pressed between the muscles of two larger men was not a dream of his. Neither was it to be thrown onto the deck of a ship like a sack of rice.

The two brothers, how they could be related was beyond Yecao Cao, ordered the dull men who were receiving divine punishment for their enjoyment last night. Most of them looked half-dead and could only reply with a groan. The man Wei, who Shue had been impersonating last night, received punishment for taking liberties with the prisoner. Wei just looked utterly confused by the matter and Yecao Cao could not help but to pity him. Though he soon remembered that Wei was a pirate who had kidnapped him.

"So, you do like pandas, Wei," chuckled a scrawny man who was missing two front teeth.

"Shut up, Hong!" muttered Wei and send Yecao Cao an angry glare like this whole ordeal was his fault. Well, it kind of was but Wei did not know that.

"Wei, keep scrubbing the deck. I want to see my face reflect on the floor," shouted the smaller of the brother's which apparently was called Xiao Nu. His larger brother called Da Nu turned to give the two men a glare which sends them running like headless chickens.

Xiao Nu grabbed onto Yecao Cao's face with a grin. "You sure keep drawing our crewmen's attention. If you keep that up, we might allow them to entertain themselves with you."

Yecao Cao sends him a glare which only made the man more amused. "Like I want their attention!"

"As long as the goods don't get too damaged," Da Nu commented with his husky voice and earned himself another glare from Yecao Cao which was utterly ignored by the large man.

Yecao Cao did not have a chance to reply though as a loud yell echoed from a distance," Intruders!"

Pirates rushed off to confront the intruders but Yecao Cao could not see the battle. He could only hear the loud yells and smell the fire. Loud clangs of swords colliding sounded in the distance and the battle was moving closer. Yecao Cao made a sigh of relief that did not go unnoticed by Xiao Nu.

"It's too early to celebrate, Zhiji."

With a roar, every man on deck turned to their leaders," Set sail!"

"But our men-" Wei begun but his mouth slammed shut when he faced Da Nu's cold eyes promising to cut him in half if he finished that sentence. Without another word, the men started to set sail. Shouts of surprise were heard from the cave as the men on the land were abandoned by their leaders.

"Cowards! I guess you truly fear the soldiers after all," Yecao Cao mocked but Xiao Nu only kicked him.

"Do we look like fools? Why would we fight an army when we can just-"

"Brother!" Da Nu interrupted him but it was all ready to late. The only opening among the sharp cliffs was covered by a giant shadow looming over the ship. Its giant sails covered the sky and left no room to breathe.

The ship of the Vans was truly a sight to behold but apparently, the brothers did not appreciate it as Xiao Nu grabbed onto Yecao Cao forcing a dagger to his throat as shadows jumped onto the ship. The Vans wore shimmering scalelike armor that gleamed in the morning light. They looked far from common sailors and Yecao Cao had to once again wonder if the mainland was so rich that it could equip even commoners with such armor.

"If you don't want your Zhiji's face to be carved off I suggest you back off!" Xiao Nu hissed between his teeth and pulled at Yecao Cao who grimaced when a searing pain crossed his neck. He could feel blood dripping from a fresh wound and cursed the fool for not being more careful.