Chapter 25

Yecao Ji looked over the documents and counted for the last time the second dispatchment of supplies to his brother. He had been able to bleed Zhong dry for supplies and could only huff at their futile attempts to hide their last reserve. He would not let his foolish little brother starve while the nobles of Zhong feasted.

A messenger rushed in with haste. "News from the city of Sichuan."

Yecao Ji grabbed onto the letter without hesitation and frowned at the familiar signia. It was from his sister Yecao Honghua. Wait, did the messenger just say it came from Sichuan.

He ripped the letter open and read with an increasingly heated face. His damn sisters had rushed off to the war thorn city! This family will be the death of him.

Then Yecao Ji felt his air leave him as he read the end of the letter. "Messenger."

"Yes?"

"Send word to Wang Yu Jián to prepare for my arrival. I'm leaving for Sichuan!"

*****

The thick forest was filled with the color green. Tian had few forests, and certainly none so deep as Anlin Forest. This made the trip hard as the soldiers were not able to enter the forest. Not that the ordinary soldier could help fight demons but they still stood guard just outside the forest. The sect disciples though moved with haste over the tree tops. All with determind looks on their faces.

At the front rushed two red shapes. Ao Qin moved with a velocity matching thew wind and only his sons were able to keep up with him. The red scales of Ao Mo Xu flashed beside him and the deep blue eyes watched the emerald forest with a frown. A red and golden flash came up beside him.

"You worry to much, brother Mo Xu!" chuckled Ao Xinyang and his dimples was set deep on his cheeks displaying his amusement of his brother's worrying nature.

"I have a bad feeling about this. Why have the Mo hidden so long only to reveal themselves now?" said Ao Mo Xu grimly.

"The nature of that which is hidden is to sooner or later be revealed," Ao Xinyang replied with a casual shrug.

Ao Mo Xu did not answer but nodded. He was still not convinced though. The revelation was to apparent. It was like they signaled out their location.

"Can you two not speak? Do you want the entire forest to hear us?" muttered Ao Rong and gave his two half-brothers a disgusted glare.

"The entire forest already knows our arrival," Ao Xinyang said and nodded towards their father who had made no effort to silence his steps.

"Let them know that death comes knocking on their door," Ao Qin chuckled and sped up with a roar that echoed throughout the forest.

As if heeding the signal, demons jumped out from the trees towards Ao Qin who merely chuckled and raised his arm. His human nails turned to claws and he ripped through the demons like water not even slowing down.

An army rushed through as to answer the call of their fallen comrades and the sect collided into the battle. Ao Mo Xu pulled out a graceful sword and slashed through a wolf demon whose body dropped to the ground only to be replaced by a new demon. Ao Xinyang hummed a happy tone as he guarded his brother's back. He had a smile on his lips but his eyes was glowing with a dangerous light as he threw needles at the demons making sure to hit them either in the eyes or the throat.

Their father's roar blared over the sound of the battle as he viciously searched for the Demon Emperor not caring for anyone else. Ao Mo Xu could only sigh as he realized it was up to him to find the Jade Emperor's son, Lóng Taidi.