Chapter 13

Yecao Cao felt the itching of the blindfold but could not move as his hands and legs were tied. The musky taste of an old rag filled his mouth and the bindings scraped against his skin. He was carried like a woman in a strong set of arms. If it wasn't for the bindings, the experience would have been rather comfortable. Enough to fall asleep. But he needed to memorize each step and turn if he wanted to find a path through the cliffs. It took quite a while before they arrived at their destination. Yecao Cao was dropped in a multitude of pelts.

"Careful, that boy is worth more than the entire city of Dongzhou, " a raucous voice sounded.

"What should we do? Send a letter to the Emperor?"

"It's better to send it to the Wang. Let him be the middle man."

"Do you fear the brat Emperor?"

"Anyone with wit would do so."

Yecao Cao agreed with the husky voice. The current Emperor was notorious for getting rid of anyone who opposed him. One mistake on their parts could lead to their execution. Though Wang Yu Jían also had a notorious reputation, if not as cruel, it seemed to not be enough for these men to fear him.

Yecao Cao felt a rough hand grabbed onto his chin. "Behave, little Zhiji, and you will get home to your beloved Emperor soon enough."

"Wonderful, just what I wanted," thought Yecao Cao sarcastically as the man let go of his chin.

"Though I cannot understand what the Emperor see's in this guy. I mean, look at him. I have seen pigs thinner than him."

"Yeah, how the hell did you carry him all the way here, Wei?"

"He is actually not as heavy as he seems."

"Well, he is rather short."

"Maybe the Emperor likes them squishy?"

"Well, fuck you all," thought Yecao Cao bitterly. He could distinguish at least five different voices not including the husky voice that is most likely the leader. He could hear other people at a distance but could not determine how many.

"Should we try him out?"

"I did not know that you liked pandas, Wei."

"I don't but I do like curvy women."

"He is not a woman."

"..."

"Wait, you didn't know?"

"Why would the Emperor want a man?"

"How would I know? I just know that Zhiji means he is the male lover of the Emperor."

"Has he so many women that he got tired of them?"

"Lucky bastard."

Yecao Cao felt a headache coming on from listening to these idiots. Apparently, the leader did as well as his voice soon sounded throughout the place. "Get to work, fools!"

The echoing sounds suggested that they were most likely in a cave. He could smell the salty air of the sea and hear splashes from the water. He had hoped that they would at least pull off the blindfold but they were not stupid enough to show their faces to him.

Yecao Cao was quietly listening to everything that could give him a clue to where he was and the thieves soon forgot about him. He could hear the sound of a fire along with loud laughter which soon turned into a blurred mess as they became more intoxicated. Soon, few of them could speak clearly and after a while, only snoring was heard.

Yecao Cao twisted his aching wrists and successfully freed them. He pulled off his blindfold and untied himself. His eyes never left the men who laid on their beds but none stirred. They just kept on snoring and mumbling in their sleep. He could see a small ship from where he was. It was hardly an impressive ship as it was built for speed not strength. Black sails adorned the ship showcasing them as pirates.