Chapter 17

I wake up to a loud noise coming from right beside me and jerk awake. I look up to my left where Cole should've been, but he's not there. Panicking a bit, I climb over his side and look on the floor, where I find him laying. In a very goofy position.

I burst out laughing, and try not to fall off the bed myself. "What in the world are you doing?" I manage to choke out, in between fits of laughter. He's laying there, boxers on, but his jeans are only up to his knees, and I assume he fell trying to get them on.

He glares up at me mockingly, and answers, "A unicorn pushed me off the bed and then tried shoving me in a pair of jeans."

That just causes me to laugh even more, and this time I very nearly fell off the bed, right on top of him.

I actually wouldn't mind that.

"No, seriously, what happened?" I ask, after I've calmed down a bit.

He sighs, "Something's happened, and I was in a rush to get dressed, and as you can see, that kind of failed."

"'Kind of' is an understatement," I mutter, and he glares at me. "What happened?"

"Another attack," he replies, gravely.

"Where at?" I ask, getting concerned.

"Not too far from here, actually. It was the Cold Winter Pack, about 50 miles north of here," he says, standing up and getting his pants on the rest of the way. I'm too devastated to even giggle.

"Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever asked what your pack's name is," I point out, shocked at the realization.

"It's our pack now, Hannah. And we're the Dark Forest pack."

"Oh, that's a cool name," I compliment, smiling slightly.

"Yeah, I suppose. Do you want to come with me to the meeting? Since you're Luna now, you are able to, and probably a good idea as well."

"I'd love to. Just let me get dressed quick and brush my hair," I reply, climbing out of bed.

"Okay, I'll go down there and tell them you're coming. I'll be back in ten minutes, so try to be ready by then," Cole instructs, wrapping his arms around my waist.

I hug him back and reply, "Will do."

He kisses me softly, before pulling away. "Alright, well then see you in ten," he winks, causing a blush to rise to my cheeks.

"See ya," I farewell, and close the door as he walks out.

While running a comb through my hair, I search through my new clothes that now hang in the closet. Finally, after staring blankly at them for about five minutes, I pick out a simple gray tank top and a light purple hoodie over it, and a pair of jeans. I dress quickly, then rush into the bathroom to brush my teeth.

Just as I finish, Cole walks in. "All ready?"

"Yup," I smile in reply, then follow him out into the hallway.

His office is much like the one at his real home, with the large desk, leather couch and seats, and book case. It's very orderly as well, which pleases me.

Marie, Isaac, and another man who I've only seen once or twice around the mansion sit around Cole's desk.

Cole sits down, then gestures for me to sit in the chair next to his. For some reason, I feel like an outsider here. They've been together their whole entire lives, and then there is me, who just shifted yesterday for goodness sake. I don't feel like I belong here, sitting in the grand chair, with the position as Luna.