Chapter 28

"Miguel, you just have to pretend that you are her husband. That's just a piece of cake!"

The ice chunks slowly drowns down the whiskey. He puts the thong back to the bucket of ice. He chugs the whiskey making his adam's apple bob up and down.

He slams the cylinder glass cup down the dark oak table. "What would I benefit from that?" He asked as he leans back on the bar stool.

A smirk was formed on her lips. "Do you miss your Selena?" She asked and slides a picture at the table.

He stilled for a moment; reminiscing every moments with his wife, his wife who died a year ago.

The picture that she showed him resembles his wife.

"Where is she?" Her right hand spins her wine, creating a tornado effect. A victorious smile was plastered on her face.

"How did you two know each other?" Somin asked, he looks down for a second.

"She's my bestfriend. She studied at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid and after the graduation she had gone back to Korea." He answered.

She lets out a chuckle before shaking her head. "Aren't you ashamed? Or guilty? You're lying to me for years!" She exclaimed and he didn't respond to her, he was just staring her with a glint of poignance.

She crouches down, facing the bed she them pulls out a black suitcase.

"Hey! You're not going anywhere!" He exclaimed and rushed to her, blocking her way.

"Miguel get out of my way, please!" She uttered but he shook his head and pull her into a tight hug.

"No please- I love you! You and Mina, just stay with me!" He mumbled in her hair as he frantically peck her head.

She forcefully push his chest but he won't budge. "Please stay with me, just for one night. Just one night." He slowly pull away and look at her.

She looked down.

Eventhough, this man made some mistakes, this man accepted Mina like she was his own daughter. This man never lay a hand on her, except for this day. And this man did everything to make them happy.

She slowly look up and nodded. A smile was plastered on his lips.

He rushed to Mina's room and carried her towards the Master's bedroom.

He carefully slipped her in their bed. Kissing Somin and Mina's forehead before slipping under the duvet too.

He look up to the ceiling before a tear escaped from his eye. He wiped it and bite his lip, forcing a smile.

He then shifts to the side and cuddles with his so called wife and daughter, one last time.

~~*~~

A sigh escaped from his lips as he starts eating his porridge for breakfast.

'The food in this jail is really disgusting.' He thought.

He is sitting away from the inmates as he was minding his own businesses. He pursed his lips as he stirs the porridge.

Suddenly, a buff man with tattoos pull the bowl away from him.

"Hmm- I fucking finished my porridge and my stomach is still bullshiting. Mind if I have this?" The man said, he was accompanied with 4 other  inmates.

Miguel's face contorted with anger. He might not like the taste of the food but that doesn't mean he's not going to eat.

"Why are you so selfish? You already ate! If you're still not satisfied with what you've eaten go to the cafeteria instead!" He uttered and stood up from his seat.

The nosy inmates who looks unbothered a few minutes ago, were now surrounding them.

Some inmates were shaking their head in disbelief. Because this new inmate has the guts to fight with the most dangerous criminal.

"Holy motherfucker! Now I don't have any appetite to eat!" He said.

The glaring contest subsided when Miguel shifted his gaze away and huffed in annoyance.

"You want this right?" He uttered before loosing his grip from the bowl. The poor porridge fell down on the floor. "Now, eat!" He exclaimed before signaling his gang to walk away not forgetting to bump their shoulders at Miguel.

A one of a kind inmate, rub his back comfortingly. "You can have this, I haven't touched that." He said while offering the porridge.

"You should be careful next time." The kind man added.

~~*~~

She was looking from a far while cradling back and forth.

She was surrounded by the people who were also diagnosed with severe mental conditions.

They were all minding their own businesses as if they were in their so called inner world.

The nurse who is watching them goes to the toilet.

A woman sees a cup filled with boiling hot water and a sachet of a coffee. She looks around and spots Nancy who was peacefully sitting while cradling back and forth in the bench.

"Demon!" She muttered before clutching the cup that contains a hot liquid.

She slowly made her way towards Nancy. When she was near her, she raises the cup and splashes the boiling water at her.

Nancy stood up and voiceless screams emitted from her mouth. She couldn't explain the pain she was feeling, the boiling water sips down and slowly melts her skin.

The schizophrenic woman just walk away and another woman approaches the trembling Nancy.

She caresses the unaffected area of her face like a caring nother. But then the unexpected next actions made Nancy more miserable.

The woman slowly pulls away before slapping her cheeks. "I told you to study hard! But look at what you did, you made yourself pregnant!" She exclaimed and grips Nancy's hair forcefully.

Nancy couldn't do anything but to sob as the excruciating feeling were traveling in every part of her body.

"You fucking whore!" The woman added before pushing her, making Nancy slump down the cement floor.

Her skin was burning and so is her scalp. And not to mention her skin was also chafed.

The nurse who is said to be in the toilet was just watching them from a far.

"Great!" She muttered before making her way towards them.