C H P - 5

"Why... are you back?"

----

"Because we really need to talk," the male responded.

Ah...

Soonyoung's heart sunk at the his words, it drifting along in the veins of his feet. He thought he had made it clear last time that he wanted nothing to do with the cheater, but from the looks of it, he hadn't; and with Jihoon standing right there, watching them like someone who had been caught in the middle of a storm, he couldn't bring himself to move or resolve much of anything. "We... don't need to talk. We've already... uhm..."

The words just wouldn't come out. He was only capable of helplessly watching the shorter male, not quite sure if he was begging for help or if he was just scared that this little thing would be enough to completely distort Jihoon's image of him.

"Hey, get ou--!"

Yet Seokmin was cut off as soon as he started when a soft yet stern voice spoke up.

"You're Soonyoung's ex, aren't you?" Jihoon questioned gently, taking a step towards the male by the open door. A humorless chuckle then erupted from the confines of his throat. "Ah, right. Soonyoung has told me a lot about you. You want to get back together with him, don't you? That's why you're here?"

The ex, although being talked to directly, didn't make any move to respond; in fact, he seemed quite stunned that someone he had never met before was the one that had ended up stepping in for the male he so desperately wanted back in his life.

"Well, I'm sorry to tell you, but I'm afraid you'll have to leave him alone. He's no longer available." And undoing his tracks, Jihoon took a step backwards, towards the stunned shop owner. He slid his fingers around the male's forearm with tenderness, in an effort to make it seem like the two were close and that they weren't meeting for only the second time--or at least in his memories, it was the second time. "This is me politely asking you to leave my lover alone. There's no room for anyone else in our world, so would you mind kindly leaving, without creating any unnecessary drama? It would be much appreciated."

Soonyoung's ex's head quickly began to shake back and forth in denial. "No... No, there's no way. I don't believe it, I..." His shoulders slumped from their straight position, blue eyes filling with a surplus of saddened disbelief. He looked absolutely pitiful in the way he stood, but it was a sure fact that no one in that room pitied him.

"You don't believe us?" Jihoon inquired calmly, peering up at Soonyoung and his fragile eyes. He was sure he was asking for permission regarding a question nobody--not even he--knew the answer to. In his mind, he barely knew Soonyoung, so why would he pull such a stunt just to spare a stranger?

Thinking about it, maybe it was because somewhere in his mind, a part of himself wouldn't give up on the fact that Soonyoung, the handsome flower shop owner, was familiar, very familiar. And it wasn't just one part of him, either; it was who he was as a whole. The way he smiled, the way he carried himself, the way he looked away or took a deep breath in when he was flustered; it was all so familiar.

So maybe that was why.

Maybe that was why he took it upon himself to pull the taller male in for a kiss.

Maybe he wondered if his lips would be familiar, too.

A wave of nostalgia crashed over Soonyoung and his heart as he and his childhood love were joined together. His surroundings dulled, and suddenly, he felt a gentle breeze sifting through his hair, tickling the tips of his ears. Music, only soft instrumental, echoed in the background.