C H P - 7

Their past wasn't ready to be revealed.

----

He meant it.

Their past just wasn't ready to be revealed, couldn't be revealed. He desperately wanted to keep Jihoon in his life, even if as just a friend; if what they used to be came out--all the moments and memories they had shared together--he was sure any chance of him remaining in the shorter male's life would disappear. He was hyper aware of the fact that he was being selfish, but he couldn't help it. When it came to Jihoon, he was nothing more than a selfish man; that hadn't changed.

Jihoon was his everything, the one thing that gave his world color, and even though years had passed since it all went dull, that hadn't changed, either.

"I'm on my way, Chan!" Soonyoung called, stepping away from Jihoon and heading over to the door where his youngest regular still waited. Trillions of thoughts raced through his head all at once; in just the flash of a moment, his saddened eyes had narrowed at himself: at just how self-centered he was ready to be to make this work.

Chan immediately noticed the change in the shop owner's aura, though he didn't say a word about it.

The two quietly stepped into the shop. The lights seemed unusually dim compared to the sunlight sifting in from the world outside, and they both heard Wonho chitter at them from Minghao's careful embrace.

"You wanna help, too?" the Chinese male inquired, slightly raising his brows. When the bunny again chittered in confirmation, he playfully rolled his eyes and leaned over to Soonyoung, setting him in the male's arms, which were already held out and waiting.

"Thanks." With the hint of a satisfied smirk, the blonde turned away from Minghao and faced the math sheet: littered with long, difficult-looking problems. He trailed the tip of his finger up and down Wonho's back as he attempted to help Chan--to assure the critter that he was paying attention to him, too.

He wouldn't deny the fact that a burning sensation still lingered in his heart.

"So, I think what you need to do in this situation is replace--"

Ding!

The familiar chime of the entrance bell rang throughout the room, interrupting Soonyoung's words. He instantly moved to stand up, but Seokmin quietly shook his head and took his place behind the counter.

"Hello!" Seokmin put on his award-winning smile, squaring his shoulders, falling back on his heels. He always made sure that he looked at ease, to ensure that the customer's were comfortable when being assisted. "What would you like? And could I get your name, sir?"

The customer just peered down to his feet, a long frown pulling at his lips. There was silence for a few moments before he finally looked up again. "Jeonghan," he said faintly, casting his gaze down once again before continuing in an even softer tone. "And I would like to get two bouquets... Both with white orchids and roses... One to Seungcheol, one to Jisoo." His eyebrows pulled together, and his features bunched up. "To... say I'm sorry."

Ah... Seokmin thought. Definitely two timing...

----

"Junhui!" Soonyoung called from the end of the hallway, hanging out of his bedroom by the door frame alone. "I'm heading to bed!"

"Okay!" he heard back from somewhere in the house, probably the kitchen; his friend had always been one for a nice midnight snack. "Sleep well! Love you!"