C H P - 12

That was how they stayed, until Jihoon's silent cries turned to deep, even breaths...

----

It took a while of sitting there, keeping his frame as still as it could be to make sure Jihoon had a good sleep, before anything changed. Then suddenly, with every fraction of a section that passed, more and more of himself filled with energy, each surge traveling through his veins, giving his spine the perseverance to remain completely still. By the time morning hit and the bright sun began to rise above the horizon, his back was aching, but every part of his being, even in the smallest crevices of what made him himself, was filled with strong, happy energy. He was revitalized, because at last, Jihoon had been back in his arms.

His mind was still fretting over what had taken place the day before, but this feeling, this amazing sensation, clouded any thoughts that crossed his mind.

Another hour or so passed before Jihoon began to stir. Only a quiet groan resonated from his throat as he unconsciously nuzzled himself into the blonde's shoulder. "Good morning," he tried to say immediately, his eyelids fluttering. He cleared his throat and very tiredly pulled himself away from his friend's caring hold. His head bobbed from side to side, as his mind was probably spinning from sleep. "Sorry, about, uhm, that..." He sighed softly, then once more cleared his throat, forcing his eyes open. "I don't know what came over me."

"No, no, it's fine," Sooyoung instantly reassured. "You, uhm, you want breakfast? I can make something."

"Sure... Sounds nice."

Soonyoung smiled fondly--and he couldn't help it. It was the energy's fault. "Okay. Why don't you take a shower while I make food?"

"'Kay, thanks..." Jihoon was obviously still half-asleep.

So Soonyoung stood up from the floor, stretched out his stiff limbs, and offered a hand to help the other up from his slumped position. "Would you like some new clothes?"

"No, no, this is fine..."

Again, Soonyoung could only smile.

----

"Here," Soonyoung chided, "is your food." He set the plate of French Toast--two pieces covered in cinnamon and whipped cream--down in front of the short male, who was now fully awake with fresh clothes--Soonyoung insisted--and dripping wet hair.

Jihoon nodded in thanks and quickly reached for his utensils. "I'm really hungry all of a sudden, so thank you," he laughed, hastily stuffing his face with a corner of the sweet bread. "Oh, wow. This is really good."

Soonyoung sat down in the spot across from his friend, pulling his own plate closer to him. "Thank you. I learned it for one of my... old friends. It was his favorite breakfast food." His heart jolted in his chest at the short-lived memory, but he hid it by taking a large bite out of his own portion. The energy inside of him was telling him, commanding him even, to explain more, yet he knew better than that, so he remained silent, just chewing.

"Which friend?" Jihoon inquired with a hint of curiosity.

"Just an old friend."

"Oh, okay."

Then the both of them continued with their food, occasionally piping in to make a funny joke or interrupt the silence. Jihoon's hair gradually dried, as did the delicate flower curling in the bottom of Soonyoung's stomach.

When each of them had finished, they washed their dishes, one drying and one washing, and afterward, Soonyoung drove his love home.

"Thank you for everything," Jihoon smiled, genuine in his words, as he pulled at the handle and opened the passenger side door. "I know that I've been being weird lately, so again, thank you for putting up with me. I'm not... normally weird like this."

"It's okay," Soonyoung insisted, as he had so many times before. His hands tightened around the steering wheel to keep from reaching out and brushing the back of his fingers against his friend's soft cheekbones. "I really, really don't mind. Feel free to be weird around me as much as you want to be, as long as..." As long as I still get to spend time with you. He just shook his head at himself and instead said, "As long as you're okay with me having off days, too."

"Of course." Then Jihoon reached out and did what Soonyoung had so been wishing to do: he brushed his finger tips just beneath the male's chin. The touch was so faint that the blonde could have sworn he was just imagining it. "Thank you, again." He lingered for just a second more before stepping out and rushing up the sidewalk to his house.

Soonyoung's cheeks flushed profusely, and he let out a loud, flustered, frustrated groan. He slowly ducked his head down to rest against the cold steering wheel. "You're making this so difficult..."

----

"Wonho!" Seokmin cried dramatically, rushing over to the doorway where Minghao had just walked in, his familiar bunny clinging to his shoulder, chittering happily.

"Gimme, gimme."

"Okay, okay, chill." Minghao reached over his shoulder to grab his bunny--rather gently--and handed him over to Seokmin, who was practically jumping from foot to foot with excitement. He had missed just one day of work, but that was one less day with Wonho, and he needed desperately to make up that wasted time.

"Thank you!"

"Where is Junhui?"

Of course that would be the first thing Minghao asked.

"Still madly in love with him?" Soonyoung teased from his place behind the counter, where he was preparing his first online order of the day: a bouquet of six, pure white lilies.

Minghao scoffed playfully. "Of course! Do you doubt my love?"

"No, no, not at all," Seokmin drawled out as he sat down in one of the corner seats, the soft bunny on his lap. He had a carrot pinched between his fingers for the critter to nibble on.

"Dunno, feels like you guys are doubting me."

"Of course not."

"Are you lying?"

"Of course not."

Soonyoung giggled to himself as he intertwined the flower stems and wrapped them up in a pretty, smooth white paper. Then, as the final detail, he cut a long piece of yellow ribbon to tie the paper in place. "Beautiful, isn't it?" he whispered under his breath, approving of his work. But then he frowned and added, "Not as beautiful as Jihoon, though. Sorry, little guys." He swept the pad of his thumb over one of the more perky petals, like the flowers could truly understand his apology.

"Ah, he's talking to himself."

"Is that bad?"

"Pfffft, obviously!"

"Why is it bad?"

"He's going crazy!"

"Maybe he's crazy in love, Seokmin."

"Or maybe he's just crazy, Minghao."

"Or maybe you're both idiots," Hansol chimed in, having heard the conversation as soon as he entered the shop. What could he say? He couldn't resist.

Soonyoung perked up at the sound of the familiar voice; it took him by surprise, considering he hadn't heard it for the past few days. "Oh, Hansol! Feeling better? You were gone for a while. Seungkwan said you were feeling sick." He set the bouquet on the counter for Hansol to retrieve, since he was the one who had ordered in.

"Oh, thank you. I'm good now." Hansol picked up the six lilies, then nudged his head in the direction of the foreign student and the playful employee. "I'm not so sure about them, though."

"Yeah, me neither."

"Hey!"

"Shhh! Just enjoy the bunny."

----

Short chapter, sorry. The next one should be longer 😔🙏

-Author 🖤