C H P - 18 | | E N D

They would start from here.

----

With those promises, the two stood up from the hard cement ground and headed inside.

Various words and memories were shared between them as the hours passed, and soon enough, they had morphed back into who they once were: the happy versions of themselves, the ones that weren't plagued by emptiness.

Soonyoung quickly became weird and quirky again, just as his teenager self had been. His eyes, which had been dark--never truly smiling--were now alight with colors, displaying the beautiful soul he had inside of him. Pure and true, that's what it was, and he would never have to worry about it disappearing ever again.

Jihoon, too--though he himself didn't realize it--was as he used to be; not exactly, of course, but it was enough of a change that it shocked the both of them. His smile, his words, almost everything, as if it had been triggered by one flutter of a butterfly's wings, had changed. That change was beautiful, because it meant that his heart remembered them, even if it wasn't the organ itself that carried his memories. It carried the feelings instead, and the feelings had not changed.

"Question," Jihoon had softly murmured that night, his cheek pressed up against the blonde's clothed chest. The comforter they shared shrouded every part of him--up to his shoulders, where it was tucked beneath his chin to prevent a lack of air. If he could, he would have covered them completely, but because they were humans and needed oxygen to survive, this would have to do. They had enough of their own little world here in Soonyoung's bedroom. They didn't need to limit themselves to the blanket alone.

"Hmmm?" the blonde hummed, lifting his head from the pillow slightly. His eyes were narrowed in fatigue, but when their gaze connected, he was immediately filled with energy. "What is it?"

"... Is there any chance you could hire me?"

The blonde's relaxed brows furrowed at the request. Working... with Jihoon? It sounded amazing! But didn't couples that worked together have lots of problems? He didn't want to risk the chance of them breaking up when they had just gotten together... However, having Jihoon by his side sounded so pleasing that he relaxed into a smile. If they worked together, he could hug the male whenever he needed an energy boost, and they could even hold hands on their way home. But... "Why? I mean, it's not that I don't want you there, but...?"

"I want a discount on flowers for my mom," the shorter one answered honestly.

"Oh..." Soonyoung frowned. Was that the only reason...? He could understand if it was, since they had only gotten together that day, but at the same time, the fact that he wasn't one of the reasons upset him a little bit.

"Don't look so sad!" Jihoon laughed, already peering up at him with his bright doe eyes. Soonyoung's lips were set in a straight line, his brows barely pulled together. The male was sure that his boyfriend was trying to hide what he felt, and for some reason, it was adorable.

So he was sensitive to teasing, huh? It was good to know.

"I also want to see you more."

"Really...?"

Jihoon broke out into a teasing grin. "Yes."

"In that case... okay. Hired."

That was the story of how the two ended up in the flower shop on Monday morning, each of them standing behind the marbled work counter, preparing for their day together. Both Junhui and Seokmin--Chan and Minghao were a little more chill about it--were making faces at the happy aura they radiated, but the couple wasn't at all bothered by it. Knowing their friends, it was expected that they would act this way.