C H P - 16

His loneliness only intensified, then, as he wrapped his arms around himself to protect his body and his heart from the frost building up inside.

----

Without meaning to, he began to hunch over, clenching tightly at his abdomen. What felt like fingers of ice pressed into every crevice they could find, soon to encumber him completely. The pain was almost unbearable.

"You good?" Chan asked worriedly, falling back from the rest of the group once again. He always caught onto things as soon as they happened, and in a way, the flower shop employees resented him for it. He always knew too much for his own good.

Soonyoung's lips pursed in response, and he let out a soft whine when there was a sudden twist inside of him. "Fine. Just, uhm, my stomach hurts. Food, y'know?" He forced his spine to straighten out, allowing him to properly stand and face his friend. His arms did not move from their position around his stomach.

Chan's eyes narrowed skeptically. "Yeah. Food."

"Yup."

"Hey, guys! Speaking of food!" Junhui raced over to the two silent males, his bright smile a visible difference in comparison to their saddened expressions. He quickly took notice of the solemn mood, yet he said nothing about it--just as he said nothing about the fact that Minghao had just kissed him. "Guess who ran into us and suggested getting pizza?"

"Seungkwan?"

"Nope," Junhui laughed, popping the 'p' like he was chewing his favorite brand of bubblegum. He took a short step off the side and stretched his arms out in front of him. "Ta-dah!"

Soonyoung's eyes widened at the sight of the two males Junhui was gesturing to. He almost laughed at the fact that Jihoon had disappeared, and in return he got to meet the two people who had found love in his flower shop: Kim Mingyu and Jeon Wonwoo. "Hey, you guys!" His voice was cheery and happy, as he didn't want to force complete strangers to worry about him. He would have waved in a gesture of welcoming, but he couldn't pull his hands away from his abdomen. It was just too cold to do so. "What are you guys doing here?"

"Date," Wonwoo mumbled grumpily, getting jabbed in the side by his boyfriend in return--not for any old reason, though. It was for being so un-enthusiastic despite having  been the one to suggest they come to this flower viewing event.

Mingyu made a face of utter dissatisfaction. "Thanks, dude. I see how you really feel."

"Touchy-touchy."

"I am, and I take pride in it."

Wonwoo just pushed his glasses up his nose, fighting off a smile, remaining silent.

"Anyway," Mingyu laughed, letting out a breath of air, "you guys wanna get some pizza? I figured it's the least I could do for the people who allowed me to meet my soulmate."

"Your soulmate or your child?"

"Shut up, Chan."

Chan stuck his tongue out at Junhui, countering the male with an odd and childish "bleh" sound.

"Bleh."

"Bleh."

"Bleh."

"Bleh."

"Guys, maturity, please."

"Mature? I don't know that word."

"Of course you don't."

"Oh, bleh."

Mingyu and Wonwoo simultaneously raised an eyebrow at the group; really, the maturity was lacking.