🌪-The Scars Left Behind (xBakugo)-🌪

Word count: 1484

#21

This one is a pretty serious one so no jokes or what not up here. Please enjoy...

!-TW (Self-harm)-!

🌪-ANGST-🌪

!-CURSING-!

"Immature..."

"Too much..."

"Impulsive..."

"Irresponsible..."

"Annoying..."

"Ugly..."

These words echoed in your head. The words you heard everyday. Whether it was someone joking, trying to hurt you, or you telling yourself these things. It hurt. It hurt alot. You've tried everything to help make the pain go away, but it wouldn't. The pain wouldn't leave. It was stuck.

What made it worse was that no one could tell there was something wrong. Fake smiles are easy to hold when you've been doing them your whole life. Happiness is easier to maintain when energy is all you had. The school uniform hid your arms, so no one knew, no one except Katsuki Bakugo.

He was always there for you. He was there to help you through your emotions. Despite the stigma around his name, he was a really sweet guy. He cared about you and worried for you in his own Katsuki way.

The two of you had started dating, when he noticed the scars. He had gave you one of his short sleeved shirts saying, "It's too hot for fucking sweatshirts."

You had refused, but he insisted, and you ended up wearing the shirt, your arms now visible.

That was when he saw them. You tried to hide them, but it was too late.

"(Y/n), what's that?" He asked in a harsh, yet worried tone.

"N-nothing. Just training gone wrong...," you said in an attempt to cover up the truth.

"Don't lie to me. Both you and I know that's not the truth."

"..."

"Why, princess? What happened?"

You went on to explain to him what happened; how you had let your feelings and pain cloud your judgement; how you used pain to cover pain. You told him how your arms weren't even the worst of it. You had begun carving words and shapes into your thigh as well. You showed him.

His face held a look of concern and he begged you never to cut again. He was here now. He could hold you and help you now. You didn't have to worry about your insecurities anymore. He was there to help those bad thoughts go away. You just had to talk to him when you felt that way again and he promised to be there for you. You just had to promise not to cut again, and you agreed. One problem:

Old habits die hard.

"You'll grow up just like your brothers, a villain."

"Your so annoying, can't you be more quiet?"

"Your just as bright as night aren't you?"

Words from even your parents, all these things whirled in your head. You knew Katsuki told you to talk to him when you're feeling this way, but you didn't want to bother him. He was busy at the moment. You knew you shouldn't, but the urge was too great. You tried so hard not to give in, but your attempts failed.

You went to the neighboring room.

"Hey, Mina. May I borrow an Exacto knife?" You asked.

"Sure! What for?" She said with a smile. You returned the smile.