☁️-Banana Bread (xHawks)-☁️

Word count: 829

#42

Have a random idea...
It's really just a little story idea that formed as I wrote.... I hope you like it😅🤣
Please enjoy!

☁️-FLUFF-☁️

!-CURSING-!

Flour, ripened bananas, baking powder, sugar, vanilla extract, eggs, bowls, measuring cups.... everything necessary to make banana bread sat on the kitchen counter.

"Ready?" You asked Keigo cheerfully.

"Let's do it, kid."

You and Hawks had decided a few days before that you both wanted to try baking. You had only ever used mixes from a box. Keigo had never even touch a whisk. This was going to be.... interesting.

"Alright, so the recipe says we need to mash up the bananas," you said.

Keigo peeled the bananas and put them in a bowl.

"Can you hand me a fork?"

You gave it to him and he began mushing the bananas. You peered over his wing to watch him work.

"Yes, smush those bananas!" You said.

"Damn. My own personal hypeman. How about that?" He said with a laugh, looking over his shoulder at you. You laughed in response.

"Alrighty, I'ma start putting the dry things together. Can you pass the flour?" You asked.

He sent 3 feathers to pick up and give you the flour you asked for. You thanked him and began measuring it.

Once finished, you came up with a clever idea. You grabbed a handful of flour and walked over to Keigo, who was working with the wet ingredients.

"Hey, McFly."

He turned.

"Ah, AH, AH-CHOO!"

You aggressively "sneezed" your handful of flour onto Keigo. He tensed briefly. Mouth gaping, he turned slowly and laughed.

"CHICKADEE! Why?!"

"PPPPPPPFFFTTTTTTTTT!"

Your flour-covered finger was pointed at the wingéd man. Your other hand covered you mouth. His expression was  p r i c e l e s s.

"Oh no, this is not ending without revenge," Keigo said before grabbing the bag of flour and throwing some at you.

You used your air manipulation quirk to blow away the flour before it could hit you.

"HA! YOU THOUGHT!" you yelled triumphantly.

Hawks continued throwing the flour at you, but could never hit you.

You stuck your tongue out saying, "NA NA NA BOO BOO!"

Keigo playfully frowned and straight up tackled you.

"Ha! Gotcha now, kid," he said as you struggled in his grasp, laughing.

You finally gave up and he released you. Besides, the bread was far from being done.

Keigo brought the bowl of wet ingredients and poured it into your bowl filled with dry ingredients. You began mixing them together.

Keigo stood behind you and placed his hands on your waist. He hummed and swayed side to side as you mixed.

"Damn, kid. You smell good," he said, his voice near your ear. You laughed.

"That's so weiiiirrrrdd. Why you be smelling meeee?" You asked playfully.

"I mean, I am right behind you; my head is in your neck. How could I not take a whiff of you? The only way to not smell you is by not breathing."

"Yeah true. And neither of us want that," you replied with a giggle. He smiled.

"Hey, songbird. Grab the bowl."

You did as he said, though you were slightly confused. He sent a few feathers to play a record on the turntable the two of you owned. A song began to play.

Keigo wrapped his wings around you from behind. You continued to mix the batter as the two of you danced, surrounded by vermillion wings. Keigo softly sang in your ear.

"Black bird singing in the dead of night...." he continued with hums.

"Hmmm...hm..hm..."

You smiled and closed your eyes, enjoying the moment.

The song ended and you told Keigo the batter looked ready to be baked. He kissed your cheek and released you. After buttering the bread pan, the two of you poured the batter, his hands over yours. You were about to put the pan in the oven, when you realized a mistake.

"Lover, we forgot to preheat the oven..."

The two of you looked at each other before laughing loudly.

"Good job, kid," Keigo told you.

After letting the oven preheat as you should have at the very start, Keigo put the pan into the oven and set a timer.

"Good job, lover. We have officially baked our first banana bread," he said, giving you a high five.

You high five back and congratulated him, but added,

"Technically it's not done yet."

He shooed your words away saying,
"Eh, same thing."

You laughed and assured him it wasn't. He gave a "whatever" and smiled.

The two of you enjoyed some time together while waiting for the bread to bake.

BONUS:

DING!

"Ooo! The bread's ready," you said.

You opened the oven and took out the bread (of course, after putting on oven mitts).

A beautiful aroma filled the air. The bread certainly smelled perfect. Now, the taste test.

The bread was cut and placed on a plate. You both took a bite at the same time. D A M N WAS THAT BREAD GOOD!

"Woah, this amazing," Keigo said in amazement.

"I know!" You replied with astonishment.

"This had to have been a fluke."

"Oh definitely."

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

Tip Jar^^:

https://ko-fi.com/aminoacids