•13•

Your pov

Chrollo hugged me, and I hugged back for some reason. I'm not quite sure why I did. It just seemed right. Maybe it was out of pity, or maybe I just wanted to be hugged as well.

It didn't really matter why I did it. I didn't regret anything. Even though Chrollo kidnapped me and hurt me, I felt bad for him. I could tell he's fighting a lot of metal issues. All I wanted was to leave this place and go home, but right then Chrollo needed me. So I comforted him.

Time skip to the morning

My eyes fluttered open only to find the space next to me empty. I assumed Chrollo had done what he did before, locked me in the room by myself. That was until I sat up and looked around.

I was not alone in the room. Chrollo sat on the end of the bed. His arms leaning against his legs, and his fingers intertwined with each other. I sat up from where I laid. Neither Chrollo nor me said anything at first. The silence quickly became very awkward. I couldn't tell if Chrollo didn't know I was awake, or just chose to stay silent.

Eventually Chrollo spoke up.

"I'm sorry." He whispered. I didn't say anything, assuming he wasn't done. "I don't know what's wrong with me. I shouldn't have kidnapped you. I shouldn't have hurt you. I'm a monster."

Chrollo turned slightly, searching for a response from me. Again I said nothing. I guess he took my silence as an answer, because he continued talking.

"So, I'm gonna let you go." He said. I gasped silently to myself. I almost went into shock. Am I dreaming? This can't be real. Chrollo turned around fully to look at me. Upon turning and looking at me, he laughed out loud.

"You don't have to look so shocked. It isn't that weird to think I'd let you go is it?" He have asked have joked. Once again I didn't say anything. I was still too shocked. Chrollo sighed and took my hands. He didn't pull me anywhere, he just held them. It was comforting in a way. The warmth of his hands helped sooth my shacking ones.

Eventually I started to calm down. Chrollo's hands never left mine. We sat like that for a few minutes. There were no words exchanged, but this time it didn't feel awkward. It felt more peaceful and calming.

After a while I decided to talk.

"What made you change your mind?" Chrollo didn't say anything at first. He just starred at our hands. After a few moments of thinking Chrollo spoke.

"I'm not sure. I just know this is the right thing to do." It wasn't a full answer, but it was enough for me. I looked down at the bed. A few seconds later I felt Chrollo's body wrap around me.

He nuzzled his face into my neck. It took a a few seconds to adjust to what he did, but before long I wrapped my arms around his body as well. I could here the sounds of Chrollo begin to cry.

"I'm sorry. I'm just gonna miss you so much." He said through the tears. It was strange how I felt. Before this all I wanted to do was escape back home, but now, all I wanted was to stay here with Chrollo in this moment.

I hugged Chrollo tighter. A single tear fell down my cheek. Why do I feel like this? He kidnapped me. Shouldn't I hate him?

I pushed my thoughts to the side. I let myself enjoy this time with Chrollo. Which would probably be my last. Chrollo pulled away first. It seemed too soon. His eyes were only slightly red. He wiped away what was left of any of the tears. He then pulled me into a short but passionate kiss.

After that he rested his forehead against mine. A small disappointed smile on his face.

"Goodbye y/n." He whispered. I was about to question him when I suddenly fell back into a sleep

Time skip

I abruptly sat up. Almost as if I had just awoken from a nightmare. I looked around dazed and confused. It took me a minute to realize I was in my room in my house. I wasn't with Chrollo anymore. My phone sat on my night stand. Everything seemed so, normal. Was that all just a dream?

I got up from my bed, the moonlight casted a bright light into my bedroom. I walked over to the window. I opened it up to take in a breath of fresh air. It must have been a dream.

I came to my senses with that conclusion. When I started walked back I noticed something on my desk. It was just a small sparkle from the moon light, but it was enough to catch my attention. I walked over to my desk to find a necklace and a note. The necklace had a beautiful jeweled cross hanging from a silver chain. I set that down to look at the note.

Dear y/n,
I'm sorry things went the way they did. I'm leaving you thing necklace and note so that you don't forget about me. I hope to see you again someday in the future. I love you.

-Chrollo