•16•

I felt the cool air as I stepped out of the shower. It brought a refreshing sense to my face. I wiped away the condensation from the mirror to look at myself.

It has been 2 days since Chrollo came back to me. Everything has been going well. He was being very slow to talk about himself however. Probably in fear of scaring me away, but that wasn't going to happen. My feelings for him couldn't be changed.

I grabbed my phone from the counter to see a text from my boss.

Y/n, we need you back at work. I understand if your dealing with a long term sickness, but if I don't see you back at work by tomorrow then we'll have to let you go.

I sighed as I read the message. I knew for awhile of what I was going to do. It just seemed harder then I thought it would be.

There will be no need. I am quitting my job. I hope you can find a replacement soon, and thank you for such a good boss and job.

I hit the send button as I waited for an answer. This job wasn't the best one I could ask for, but I overall did like it. I made some great friends from that job, and lots of funny and amazing memories. But I needed to leave all that behind me now. I was about to step into a brand new life.

After a minute or two I got another message from my boss. It just said the he understood and he wishes me well. I sighed again before exiting the bathroom. I walked to my room to throw on some cloths. After that I walked downstairs.

There I found Chrollo sitting on the couch, reading his book. I couldn't help but wonder about that book. He was always reading it. It must be something special to him. I walked over to the couch and plopped down next to him. He immediately set down the book to give me a hug.

"How was your shower dear?" He asked as if it mattered anything to him. I had a half smile half sad look.

"It was good. I just quit my job as well." I looked up to see Chrollo almost looking shocked, but his expression changed almost instantly.

"Well if that's what you wanted, then that's what's best for you." He alway had those very cheesy and corny lines of his. I link his hand with mine.

"Chrollo, can we please go back to the place we were before?" I asked.

"But why? We have everything we need here." He insisted. I frowned.

"No more secrets remember? Please, can we go back?" I asked again. This time he sighed in defeat.

"Alright then, I should probably tell you a little more about what I do then." He said. I nuzzled in closer to him, indicating I was listening. He continued.

"I'm a leader of a group known as the phantom troupe. We're a gang of thieves who steal and kill. I'm not sure how it will go with you meeting the other members." He looked at me with sad eyes. I just squeezed his hand tighter.

"Well we won't know until we find out now will we?"

Time skip

I held Chrollo's hand as we walked into the building. Although I was very confident before, I had a lot of nerves. I had know idea what to expect from these guys. I slightly hid behind Chrollo's arm as we walked into the main room. There I saw multiple people sitting around. I only recognized one, and that was Hisoka.

"Hey boss your- who's this?" A man with blond hair asked.

"This is y/n, the girl I had before." Chrollo spoke very calmly.

"What did you blackmail her hear or something?" A girl with pink hair asked.

"No it's not like that. Things are different now." I was expecting Chrollo to explain, but he didn't say another word. Everyone else seemed to not question him about it.

"Well now, y/n I'll introduce you to everyone." Chrollo then went on to tell me everyone's names. I tried my best to memorize them as we went. Everything seemed to settle down when suddenly the atmosphere changed.

It seemed much darker in the room. I then felt Chrollo pull me into a tight hug. Confusion took over my body until I realized there was another person in the room.

"Omokage , what are you doing here?" Chrollo's voice was very low and serious. I hadn't seen him like that since I tried to escape. The man, who was standing on a upper level, spoke.

"Well Chrollo it's been awhile, how have you been?" The man asked.

"What do you want?" Chrollo seemed more scary then ever. The man smiled.

"Well it's very simple, I want to destroy everything you care about Chrollo," the man paused for a moment, then appeared very close to me. I hugged onto Chrollo even tighter. "And I can see you have this pretty one now, so I know just what to take."

Phinks appeared behind the man in an attempt to break his neck, but the man disappeared and was back in the upper floor.

"Well so long for now. I'll be back to take her in a bit. Goodbye Chrollo." He then disappeared from sight.

"Damn it!" Chrollo yelled. I looked up at him with tears in my eyes. He hugged me as tight as he could without hurting me.

"Don't worry dear, he's not gonna touch you. Not if I have anything to say about it."