•15•

Warning this chapter contains talk of depression

Your pov

I felt the rain drops begin to hit against me. The drops became bigger and bigger until I was completely soaked. It didn't matter however. Nothing mattered to me at that point.

I knew what this was. I was beginning to develop depression. You're pathetic. You let this little thing that should be good ruin your life. Why can't you just get over it?!

My own words echoed through my head. My tears mixed with the rain drops as they hit the porch floor. My body became numb, much like my emotions. My face was buried deep into my knees, so I couldn't see my surroundings. It's not like it mattered to me though.

Then something happened. A few minutes later I felt something, or more like someone. I felt broad arms wrap around me. I didn't react at first. That was until these arms lifted me up off the ground. I was embraced into a big loving hug. That was when I realized who it was.

I looked up to see Chrollo was the one holding me. The light came back to my eyes. I felt alive again. I hugged him back with all my strength. Now tears of joy streaming down my face.

"C-Chrollo, I thought I was never gonna see you again!" I cried out in joy.

"Well I couldn't leave you in this state. It was breaking my heart to see you like this." His words were soft spoken. It was like music to my ears.

"Please," I started. I pulled back to look him in the eyes. "Please don't ever leave me again."

Chrollo just smiled, but it wasn't his evil smirk. It was a warm genuine smile. He pulled me back into the hug.

"I promise, I will never do anything like that again." Those were the only thing I needed to hear. My smile grew bigger as my eyes shut. This is how I was meant to live my life.

"Cmon let's get you back inside. It's freezing out here, and your soaking wet." Chrollo said. He lifted me up off the ground bridle style. He walked us back into the house before setting me down.

"Thank you Chrollo but really I'm fine." Seconds after saying that, shivers took over me. Chrollo caught that almost immediately.

"No you're not, you're cold. Go upstairs and change. I'll get you some hot chocolate." I wanted to argue, but that actually sounded very nice. So instead I walked over to the stores to head to my bedroom.

Once I was in my room I stripped off my wet cloths. I then quickly dried off my hair and body with a towel. I put on some sweat pants and a hoodie. I walked over to my mirror. I still looked a mess, but at least I was dry.

I walked back down stairs and to the kitchen. There I found Chrollo sipping some hot chocolate, a mug waiting for me by a seat. I looked over to my fire place to see a fire going as well.

"Thank you for all this Chrollo."

"Don't mention it. It's the least I could do for what I put you through." Chrollo's eyes seemed to grow sad. I grabbed his hand and pulled him over to the fire place. I sat down on the edge seat of it, as did Chrollo.

"Listen Chrollo, I don't want you to feel bad about what's happened. It's in the past now okay?" I asked. Chrollo didn't say anything at first. He just stared down at the ground.

"But-" I quickly cut him off.

"No buts, it's over with understand?" I asked again. This time he looked at me almost with a laugh.

"You're too good for me you know." At that we both did a little laugh. I rested my head on his shoulder.

"Chrollo, I want to go back to that building with you." I said suddenly. Chrollo looked down at me.

"I don't know if that's a good idea." He said. I moved my head form his shoulder.

"But you promised to never leave me again!" I said probably too loud. He sighed.

"I know. It's just you still don't know so much about me. All the wrong I've done, I'm not sure if you can take it." I grabbed his hand once more.

"I think you underestimate me. I don't care what you've done. I'll always stay by your side from now on." I beamed. The sadness in Chrollo's eyes disappeared. He pulled me into another hug. Smiles spread across both of our faces.