Dance with me

Shoto wrapped her arm around his and left the theater. Ellie couldn't help but look up at him smiling brightly.
"What?" He asked.
"Nothing, I'm just proud of you." She replied.
Shoto merely chuckled at her, "Let's wait for the bus."
"No, I don't mind walking."
"Really?" Shoto looked at her surprised. "In that dress?"
"Who knows when I'm going to wear this again. Might as well have some fun in it." She slipped her shoes off and kept walking with him.
"Ellie, you are not like other girls."
"Isn't that a good thing. Most girls care too much about how much money their daddy or boy friend will give them to spend it all on shoes." She joked.
"Or whine when they don't get their way." Shoto added.
"Or expect their boyfriend to take care of them while the man is working hard."
"Those who throw a fit just because their nails broke." Shoto laughed.
"that actually really hurts." She interrupted.
"It does?"
"Yeah. But I don't throw a fit." They both laughed, being with Shoto felt so natural and unforced, it was a nice change since she was shy and reserved most of the time. The side walk they were on led to a massive bridge over looking the water. Ellie jumped onto the stone railing and started to walk on it, being careful to lift her skirts so she wouldn't slip on the fine fabric.
"What are you doing?!" He immediately took her hand and tried pulling her down.
"Come up here with me, it's fine."
"Come down here before you hurt yourself."
"You know, for a hero in training I thought you all would have a daring side to you." She said. Shoto stepped up onto the railing to see that it was wide enough to keep them from falling. He still didn't like the idea of them being on top of the bridge.
"The only thing we dare to do is keep people safe."
"You're doing a fine job."she giggled.
"Okay, you got me here. I know that's what you wanted. Now what?"
"Dance with me."
"Are you serious?"
"Yeah, I want to dance with you." Ellie looked at him honestly. Shoto shook his head, Ellie was full of surprises. He took her hand and started to dance with her above the water. He looked down at the water and then up at the moon shining up above. She certainly had a flare for making dangerous things look beautiful. Was this her way of expressing herself?
"You are something else, Ellie."
"Thank you." She giggled.
"Hey get down from there!" Shoto looked back to see a policeman running towards them. Shoto jumped down from the bridge and helped her down and raced down the street and turned a corner. The hospital was in their sight and they kept moving until they reached the front doors. They were both out of breath and laughing uncontrollably.
"What got you to do something so crazy?" He laughed out.
"I saw it in a movie once."
"Oh my god, Ellie." He shook his head and rolled his eyes.
"It felt good though, don't deny it."
"It did, it was a thrill." He planted. "Can we stick to the safe stuff from now on? I'm sure your father would kill me if anything happened to you."
"Yeah, sorry. Last time I promise."
"Come on, let's go see your dad."
They walked up to his room and saw him sitting up on the edge of the bed for the first time. Ellie came rushing in and faced him, "Dad, what are you doing out of bed?"
"Relax, I just finished going to the bathroom." He looked up at Ellie and felt as if he were staring at a work of art. "Wow. You look stunning."
Ellie blushed and smiled, "Thanks. Mina and Jiro picked it out."
"Remind me to thank them. They did a beautiful job. Did you have fun?"
"Let's get you laying down and Well tell you all about it."
All Might obeyed her and laid down, she helped him put his leg back into the support and then sat beside him. "Shoto and I had a great time."
"She met my dad." He mentioned.
All Might laughed until his stomach started to hurt, "your dad at a Ballet?"
"You know him, got to keep up appearances to stay relevant." He shrugged.
"Interesting." He looked at the two, something must have happened between them. They were beaming. "Did you go anywhere after?" All Might asked.
"No, we came straight here." Shoto said, not wanting to tattle on Ellie for being so impetuous.
"How are you doing dad?" Ellie asked him
"Well, they said I'd be fully recovered soon. Once I can put my weight on my leg, I can go home."
"That's great. I miss spending time with you."
All Mights heart melted, "Don't worry, we'll have plenty of time after I'm recovered." He laid a hand on hers. "You can pick this time what we do."
"Deal."
Shoto, seeing the two of them, gave him a warm feeling he never felt before. He admired their bond and secretly wished he had the same with his dad. It was truly a blessing to see how a real dad acted and spoke, he counted himself lucky that he could take a page from All Mights book and apply it to himself when the time came. Anger also swelled inside him, he wished he wasn't robbed of his childhood and he wished he wasn't treated like a product instead of a real son.
"Shoto?" Ellie's voice broke through his anger and he looked at her. "Are you alright?" She asked. Shoto nodded and excused himself from the room to give them privacy. Tears started to fall from his eyes, he was too distracted from wiping them away to realize Eleiri had followed him.
"Shoto." She called to him. She grabbed his arm and he turned around. Ellie became concerned and pulled him into a vacant hallway.
"What on earth is the matter?"
"I-I'm sorry, I shouldn't-"
"Forget about what you should be doing, tell me what's wrong?" She asked.
"Just my dad...why can't he be more like..." he stopped knowing it would never become true.
"Why can't he be more like All Might?" She asked.
"He robbed me of everything, Ellie."
Ellie took his hands and looked at him in the eyes, "Listen to me closely. Your dad may be blood but he wasn't your dad."
Shoto looked confused but kept listening.
"Being a parent doesn't mean anything just because you have a child. It's a responsibility taken up by someone who cares enough to raise you in love and purpose. Blood isn't everything especially if it's failed you."
"I don't know what to do, Ellie. I have so many memories of him."
"Let it go. Surround yourself with people who do love and care about you. It's Endeavors fault that he missed out on a wonderful son."