1 The Run (edited)

JULY

" Let the Run begin!"

It was all a blur. Jayce laughed as he shot by Axton already shifting. Just like many other recently mated Alphas were. The older ones, besides the obviously flamboyant old geezer, were against the changes.

Screw them.

Axton took off himself shifting and changing as the people intertwined together. As soon as his paws hit the ground he was off. He could still see her. She face planted straight into the ground after she shifted. He inwardly sighed. Of course. That was certainly how this was going to go. Why wouldn't it?

The goddess had to punish his temper.

He veered towards her, and nudged her up gently. Wolfe had already taken over. Axton wasn't going to help her. Wolfe grumbled at him.

The blonde boy took off quickly after. Jayce was right in a way. He loved her unconditionally, but he didn't want that to be simply because of this bond. He didn't want to just stop his run, and take her back. He wanted her to find him. Run with him. Be free with him. Was that to much to ask of today?

" What a pain..."

" No, it's a gift. Deal with it. " Wolfe growled.

The young alpha huffed in annoyance. " Of course she is.. but, does this really have to be how we start our relationship? Running into poles, falling on her face, next she'll bound into a tree... I wanna run with her Wolfe. I want to fall in love like Jayce did. "

" No you don't. Don't you remember how he ignored her? Remember how badly he treated her? He tried to deny her the bond. Don't you dare do the same. "

Axton blocked his spirit partner out. He huffed again, stopping inside the trees. The little angel was almost there. He could feel her searching for him. Wanting to catch him. Surely she could keep up with a little run right?

A game of tag?

~~~~~

Linzie burst into her wolf.

She tripped over her own paws instantly, and landed on her muzzle. The girl yelped and Gem sighed.

Gem understood her partner. She was a young girl living the omega life in her pack. Treated badly. Abandoned. Starved somewhat. Though, she smiled through it all. She had to. She was proud to call Linzie her partner, because Linzie was a strong, kind hearted girl. She didn't care if people starved her, treated her badly, or beat her. She put her past behind her. She strived to be better.

Because it would eat her alive otherwise.

Both wolf and girl were shocked to feel the muzzle of their mate easily lifting her from the ground. Before she could look up however, he was running into the trees.

Linzie tilted her head to the side. Did he want her to follow him? His glance from the branches said yes. She happily chirped, and started after him. The girl tried hard to watch her steps. It wasn't easy to run and think, but that's what she was trying to do.

And failing.

More than once she had to slow herself just to stay off the ground. In was annoying and frustrating.

She'd made it into the trees, and caught sight of his tail. The blonde unmistakable. She was doing well until an alpha crossed into her path. He stopped her. Circling her. Linzie froze. He didn't feel like her mate. Gem was uneasy.

~~~~~

Axton stopped. She wasn't near him anymore. Damn. He was enjoying their game. He felt her distress. "Ahh.. she is an omega. No wonder she's so jittery. " He took off back towards where he last saw her. It was his instinct to protect her.