9 Holding Moonwater

OCTOBER 3 DAYS BEFORE THE BIRTHDAY BALL

Axton shifted as soon as Linzie took off. He growled. Tempting anyone to attack him. Who would be first? Whose ass was he going to destroy?

Several wolves laid around him. He panted heavily. Thirteen so far. ," Only dozens more..."

" Never give in. "

" I never gave before Wolfe. I won't now. "

Two more lunged for his throat, and both suddenly fell still on the ground. The leaves above him shook as Jason dropped to the ground. " Moonwater is a war zone. Fight valiantly, and we'll get you back to Linzie. "

Axton nodded, " Will do buddy. Have you seen her? " He asked worriedly.

Jason just nodded. He wasn't going to tell him the direness of the situation. If he did his friend wouldn't make it back. " We've been ordered to bring as many back for questioning as we can. The coven us helping as well. Let's hurry through this. I'll be here all the way. " He said emotionlessly. Jason was in assassination mode. He cleared his mind, and readied himself for a long battle. " Ready Axton?"

The young Alpha sounded off a war cry of a howl. It was returned by everyone who heard it in Moonwater. The sound alone charged every Alpha's senses. They were all ready now for sure. Taking Moonwater back was going to be easy. "These fuckers messed with the wrong people! It's foolish to attack so many Alphas at once!"

Jason nodded, and shifted. The wolves around them had to step back and the tall man grew into a massive wolf. Axton stood below him with ease. Jason protected him for a while as he settled into his fur. Letting his regain his stamina. "Time to get serious. Maul, but don't kill got it?"

Axton growled. "Fine. I got it. Take down, don't mangle. " He agreed begrudgingly. "What a chore. We should get rid of those who threaten all of our kind. These wars are what wiped us out so badly to begin with.."

"Even if I agree, finding the root of the problem is key. This isn't the main group. It would be stupid to use the main group to come after the leaders of the packs. We can assume they are watching though. Death Valley fell publicly. It's the most likely to be base. " Jason swatted a few wolves away with his tail, and his massive paw flung more into their backs.

Axton ran under them, nipping paws, and breaking legs. Each boy did his fair share of rendering their part of the woods defenseless. The intruding wolves were unable to get away, either whimpering or whining in pain.

It took them hours, but eventually they came face to face with the mansion. Axton sighed in relief, and started to head to the door.

Jason was quick to stop him. They shifted, staring at each other. Jason was still emotionless. It filled Axton with dread.

" It's Linzie isn't it?" He asked rage filling him to cover how scared he was.

Jason nodded. " It's bad, but yes. It is. Linzie is barely hanging on. "

Axton snapped, seeing red. " You asshole! You should have told me sooner!" He punched the large, blue haired male. Jason didn't budge. He just held his head low. " She could have been safe if I had gotten out sooner! You kept me in there for way to long! She... What will I do if she dies?" He asked tears actually made their way to his eyes as he continues to beat Jason.

Jason grabbed his wrists, and held him in place firmly. " She isn't gone yet. I took you through the safest route. I took the hard hits. My back it torn to bits, so you could get here as fast as we could. If I would have told you about her sooner.. You would have been torn to shreds before you even got half way back. " He swayed, and lost his balance. " Go.. get.. Tye ... " He said quietly. Both minor blood loss, and exhaustion was over taking him.