15 Travel & Family

NOVEMBER

"I don't want you to go Mi Gatita. I'll be so lonely. " Ricardo whined clinging to Esmeralda.

She smiled and patted his head a little. Since he was on his knees in front of his friends she could do it. " Mi Perrito. It's okay. You'll live. I had to. " She smiled a little, and started crying him off of her.

" Damn that was cold Esme. " Jason laughed as he laid his head over on Tye's. Tye giggled a little, and snuggles into Jason.

" That's Esmeralda. " Mika smiled happily.

"So tell me why all of the girls have to go? " Axton asked slightly annoyed his freshly marked little Angel had to leave him for a while. " I mean I get Mika, and Tye. But why Esme, Linzie, and Merella? Especially Merella?"

Carter sighed a little. He didn't have a good feeling about this. Not at all. " She is going to try collecting clues about the Sirens. See if they have costal allies. Try to find information on the merfolk. " He said crossing his arms.

" Plus she helps me. We are one helluva healing team. " Esme said happily clapping her hands.

" We are. I love working with her. Maybe someone knows about why the sirens are trying to take over the seas. Who knows. Maybe near the Canadian boarder I can find charms or amulets to help? I don't know. I'm lost, and anything will help at this point. "

In all reality she was going to protect the crew. Her friends needed her, and she belonged with them as well. It was just a matter of time until the wrong people attacked again. She had no clue they had a spy on the inside. No one did. Nor did they know about Darius' change of heart and sides. His wolf. Or that Ruder wasn't missing.

Still she'd been there when the wolf spirits had come through to speak with Gaagii. She knew the secrets, and had kept Tye alive while he re-resonated with his body after the Astral. Speaking of spirits..

" Oh! Carter's wolf came back finally. How are you guys fairing?" Merella asked curiously.

Jayce decided to stop pacing for a moment. He was worried that the worst would happen again. But the Alphas had to stay behind and take care of their packs. They just couldn't go with the girls. " I hate this. It's to risky. Stupid packs wanting our Luna's to help .. " he huffed. " Linzie is safer if she's in the move, and so is Tye. Merella has investigating to do, Esmeralda is a natural healer and works well with Merella, and Mika is training people with Tye. Unfortunately they all have a reason to go. Unfortunately Tye knows how to drive. Unfortunately that means their group can stay small, and less noticable. Unfortunately we can't do shit to stop this. "

Jason chuckled. " It is inevitable. And, to answer your question little mermaid. Yes we seem to all have them back, and in full cooperation. They refuse to tell us anything about that night though, and you were so shocked you blocked it out. Without a wolf you can't have your mind read. So we're out of luck there. No more unfortunate mishaps though, so we should be fine. "

Merella breathed an inward sigh of relief. " Well that's a good thing. At least they are back and safe. "

Jayce groaned. " Mika... "

" Nope. You know I can't just sit. And you already pointed out every detail so far. No negotiations. "

" Then let someone else do it. " He snapped.

" No. It has to be us. " She snapped back. She slipped into his arms, and nuzzled up to him. " It won't be for long. And hopefully after this trip it'll be over. We can know all werewolves are safe. Better trained. Give good rouge wolves a home. A pack. It'll be an era of peace. One we desperately need. "