18 An Attack on Farven

"Are you sure about this Ruder? Farven won't go down easy. " Rainbow said skeptically.

" Yes I'm sure. If I can kill that bastard before his new little mate can change him he won't be an issue. " He hissed. " Now shut the fuck up Rainbow. Before I completely fuck up my promise to Tye, and get angry again. "

The girl sighed. Tye was passed out finaly after hours of enduring sitting by Ruder's side. They were still packed into the train car. It had made various stops, and picked up more passengers. Tye had barely slept in about a week. "Yes sir. "

She slid down the car walls. When she could she would cast glances at the other girls. Darius was still protecting Mika, and now Esmeralda. Merella's power never seemed to diminish. Not even as she slept. Rainbow guessed she was drawing the moisture from the air. Cali would be hell on earth for her. Death Valley was far away from much water. She would be weak when they got there. She huffed, and stood.

" What try fuck are you doing now?" He sneered.

" Get your head out of your ass Ruder. " She snapped. " I'm going to sit next to the pretty mermaid so I can look at her pretty scales. Be quiet or you'll wake up your sleeping beauty. " She internally flinched at the nickname she gave him. He was someone's sleeping beauty, but not Ruder's.

Rainbow sat next to Merella, and the mermaid gave her a little nervous look. She was on the verge of a nervous breakdown. It wasn't hard to tell either close up. Rainbow leaned back on the palms of her hands, and slid her hand into the bubble of water. She felt around for the little mermaid's hand, and gently placed hers over it. Just a little something to reassure her. It was risky, but no one seemed to notice or pay attention to it.

Merella physically relaxed. That was a good sign. She seemed a little more calm now that she had someone else's touch. Just a little touch from someone she trusted a little.

The train stopped again, and Ruder got off again. " No one leaves Darius. "

" Whatever. Just hurry it up. Bring back food. Not everyone here is dead or used to not eating. " He snapped.

" I might. Depends. They've been good enough I guess. " He stalked off to do whatever he was doing during these breaks.

Ruder normally checked in with his followers and gathered a few new ones. This time however after checking in he didnt recruit. He set up an attack. On the last stop he had learned that the northern Alphas had went south. Summoned for some reason. While it would have been an excellent time to take over their packs he didn't dare. They were strong with or without the alpha. The northerners were surprisingly good at picking betas.

The southern ones seemed to know how to be sneaky and elusive. Just as bad as having basically a second Alpha if you asked him. He sighed, and rubbed his temples. A pair of small arms wrapped around his waist and he stiffened.

" Ruder.... Where did you go?"

He softly chuckled. " I told Darius not to let anyone off the train..."

" We sit by the door. I just kind of slipped down. " Tye answered.

" You know.. you could have run. " Ruder said again.

" Yeah. But, I won't abandon my friends. They need me. "

" No Tye. You need them. " He answered.

" Maybe. " He nodded rubbing his eyes.

He looked adorable to Ruder. Begrudgingly Ruder had decided not to kill Mika. He saw how much Mika had calmed Tye down when they stopped the third time. He had left to do business, and when he came back Tye was having a panic attack over him being gone. It was cute. The bye saw her. She said something to him while Darius stood behind them. After a moment he calmed down. It seemed his friends were special. He needed them.