4 The Thunder Basin (Edited)

JULY

Jason slowed down finally when they reached the boarder of Wyoming. They still had a bit of a run to go though. The Thunder Basin was up near the top of the state. Tye was nodding off a bit. His poor human body needed a break. Jason could only imagine how sore his little Kitten was by now.

The large wolf suddenly sat down causing Tye to slip off with a thud. He yelped, and glared up at Jason from under him now. " You asshole! A little warning would have been nice idiot." He snapped.

Jason shifted back suddenly, and very naked. Tye looked away blushing furiously. Jason laughed, and leaned down to Tye. " Awe is Kitten shy again? " He smiled and gave Tye a small kiss to the forehead. " You must be very sore right now. I know humans aren't used to running so much. Or riding for that matter. Sorry. It's been a long run so far. Unfortunately, we still have a little while to go. The Thunder Basin is still kind of far away. "

Tye watched Jason in awe. Until he mentioned the Thunder Basin. " The what? Thunder Basin?" He asked curiously.

" Yes, it's a vast grassland. We can party to our hearts desires there. It's kind of plain, but very open land. Not to many people coming or going. Animals of all kinds. Old oil rigs and farm lands. It's perfect. " He smiled. " Ricardo says he can hear me throwing a tantrum or partying all the way in Spain.. oh Spain South Dakota that is. His hearing is scary. " He chuckled.

" The name sounds perfect for you. " He giggles softly. " I'm jealous. You have such good friends. " He played with Jason's hair, and brought it up to his lips tenderly.

" Only because we've been there for each other all of our lives. I don't know if we could stand each other if we hadn't all ran away at the same time. Thanks to that we were able to help each other. I'm thankful. " He smiled as he watched his beautiful Luna play with his hair. Jason never knew he could be so entranced by the actions of one guy. One perfect, beautiful, amazing guy.

" I hated growing up in Death Valley. It was unbearably hot during the day, freezing at night. Hard training. Conditioning to be able to adapt to the land. Mean ass kids. But, I got by. Ruder's father was very kind to me. Treated me like the best kid in the world. Maybe because his own kid acted like a brat. " He shrugged.

" Death Valley? My friends and I went from pack to pack destroying omega slavery as we called it. We were rebelious. Acting out with our new found ranks. We talked for hours about where we wanted to visit on our little tour. I have to say I've always wanted to see Death Valley and the Mojave Dessert. I got very lucky it seems. "

" What do you mean? My life is in this bag here. I didn't have much more. Nothing I can't live without. " He smiled.

He nodded, " Yes, but I have a feeling Ruder isn't done yet. He'll call me out eventually. When he thinks I let my guard down. " He poked Tye's nose gently, and playfully. " Little does he know I won't have to have my guard down to protect you. " He smirked.

Tye got a nervous feeling. It settled in the pit of his stomach. " J-jason.. what do you mean by that?"

" Oh Kitten.. I'm going to put you through some hellish training. Even if you don't want to get involved with my actual work I'll make damn sure you can protect yourself at least. I'm the strongest for a reason. I can manipulate my emotions well enough to hide them. Push them away completely when nessicary. Destroy my enemies without them even being aware of my presense. Kill ruthlessly, and without remorse. I'm an absolute abomination of a man. My weaknesses are my people, and now my beautiful mate. " He sighed softly. Jason stayed where he was. He was leaned over Tye, sitting with his legs to the side of him.

He was leaning on his hand next to Tye's waist. His sky blue, long locks fell gracefully over his shoulder, cascading to the ground next to them, and offering them privacy. His green eyes stayed locked with his chocolate brown orbs. It was perfect. Just the two of them. Tye was completely at peace with this. He memorized this moment. Never wanting it to end, but of course it had to.