3 Wolf Point Montana ( Edited )

JULY

The plane touched down roughly on the runway. Not that Linzie would know. It touched down after she managed to fall back asleep. Which took her forever after accidentally over hearing Axton confess like he did with his heart on sleeve. Well, kind of. At least she knew he felt the need to protect her from something. That was kind of nice.

Actually, to feel wanted at all was nice in her opinion. Gem would have to agree. It was nice to not have to worry about their mate beating them, or treating them like dirt. Of course there was whatever he felt the need to protect her from. Hopefully he would be a true Alpha to his word.

She wasn't a heavy sleeper. Linzie was a light sleeper. Still, before she was shipped off into The Run, Linzie had been put through the wringer. The young Alpha started ordering her around just not as much as the old one, the girls had her packing their things; hell even the Luna ran her around. She'd almost missed the flight. They had to get their use of her though before she was no longer available. Before they couldn't.

Honestly, she figured she was going home anyway after The Run. She didn't think in a million years that she would be an Alpha's mate. Here she was. On her way to...

"Stupid girl... We forgot to ask where he lived. Goddess what's wrong with us? Are we really so dense?" Gem echoed in her restless mind. "Eh.. at least your finally sleeping good. You deserve it. You need it. "

She felt herself being lifted from her seat. When did her seatbelt get undone? She'd felt them land, but not much after. Linzie was held close to a warm chest. It didn't feel right though. Axton wasn't the one who was carrying her off the plane. She couldn't force herself awake. Linzie was underweight, fatigued, and sleep deprived for days.

She had no will to wake up right now. She wouldn't be able to.

~~~~~~

Axton held on tightly. He closed his eyes, held his breath, and hoped their landing would be quick. He hated flying. Turbulence, and landing were hell. As much as he hated to admit such a cliche thing, Axton was afraid of both. The way the plane shook and the bounce was enough to make him nearly break the arm rests.

He huffed in relief as the plane rolled to a stop. He stood abruptly, and exited as fast as he could. The beta stood outside waiting on him. " You took a plane home? Wait. You came home?"

" Shut up Vex. " The boy rolled his eyes. " Why are you dressed like a fucking butler Vex? "

Vex smiled, " I think you know the answer to that. Those micromanaging parents of yours are annoying.. " he laughed a little. " I'm just glad I remember how to put this stupid thing on, and know which fork to use at dinner. "

" I shudder to think about what would happen if you didn't. " He smirked and teased his brother, and second in command.

Vex rolled his eyes, and brushed his hair behind him. He liked it long, so Axton's parents made him literally tie it in a low ponytail down his back. " Same. You come back alone? I assume not, because you hate flying more then etiquette. "

He shook his head, " No.. I found her. My mate. She's.... Beautiful. She'll end up being my beautiful death. Girl is clumsy as hell, normal looking in my parents standards, a cliche . . "

Vex was smiling. He simply shook his head, " She must be a southerner. You've been caught up on southern looking girls since you met Ms. Mika. "

Axton smiled as well, " I seem to have been blessed with that. She is southern. Oh.." Axton paled slightly. " She's an omega as well. Very weak, but I don't think she's as weak as she thinks. "