The Fire Temple

a/n

this chapters gonna be really long because this episode has so much speech ksksks ily and thank you sm for reading this <3

---

'aang you're not going on your own' i said, picking up my staff.

katara and sokka had gone outside so i was left to argue with aang.

'i cant let you guys get hurt!' he said, defensively.

'i cant die!' i shouted, 'why are you worried about me getting hurt?'

he shook his head, 'you can still get hurt.' aang lowered his staff and sat on the floor, 'and i don't want any of you to get hurt because of me'

maybe he's forgotten? 'um, aang, don't you remember? when you get hurt, i get hurt too.'

aang looked shocked 'WHAT THE FIRE STICKS?! you NEVER told me that! oh my spirits! this means that i don't just have to worry about causing myself pain but causing YOU PAIN TOO!' aang started hyperventilating, and i realised that maybe i should of told him earlier.

i went over to him, giving him a hug, 'it wouldn't be your fault. we need to do this - together.'

i felt him softly crying.

'it's okay. we won't get hurt. i promise'

he sniffed, wiping his eyes and pulling away from me, 'thanks y/n.'

---

we left that night.

we needed to get aang to talk to avatar roku in the fire nation by sunset so we'd need as much time as possible.

'it's a long journey to the crescent island.' said the chief, handing aang a parcel, 'you'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. good luck.'

'thank you, for your...'

'go!' shouted the chief.

so we did.

---

i sat by sokka, braiding his hair.

'you know, you should have your hair down more' i giggled, taking another strand.

'how am i supposed to fight the fire nation if they're looking at my hair' he said, flicking his hair and ruining my braid.

'hey!' we both began laughing

'come on, boy! we've got a long way to go! faster!' said aang, patting appa to go faster.

'aang, we got trouble.' said katara, looking down at a fire nation ship in the water.

'yeah, and its gaining fast!' said sokka

we flew through the sky, gaining speed.

'fire ball!' i yelled.

aang swerved and we narrowly missed it.

'shit' i muttered

'we have to get out of zuko's range before he shoots another hot stinker at us!' said katara.

'can't you make appa go any faster?'

aang said in a sombre voice, 'yeah, but there's just one little problem.'

a blockade.

i looked at katara, confused, 'zuko?'

'the fire prince - he's the one that fought us back on kyoshi island' she replied, looking towards the ships.