The Fire Festival

a/n

sorry to interrupt your reading, but i have a quick announcement... THERE ARE NOW TWO AUTHORS!!!

my friend and i have started working on the next few chapters together (you might have noticed the profile change) my friend has been going through the past few chapters and adding a few things but nothing that affects the story.

so, if you notice a change in writing style, that's why!

we hope that you are enjoying our story and that you have a wonderful day <3

wlysm and happy reading!!! :)

---

we walked around the forest for a while, finally finding a notice board.

'this should give us a good idea of what's around here.' said katara, inspecting it.

'see if you can find a menu, i'm starving.' said sokka, finishing off a bag of food.

'i bet we'll find something to eat here!' exclaimed aang, reading the flyer, 'the fire days festival. fire nation cultural exhibits... jugglers, benders, magicians. this'd be a great place for me to study some real firebenders!'

sokka looked at another flyer in the other side of the board, 'you might wanna rethink that. look at this.'

we looked round and there was a wanted poster for aang, and another for zuko - a.k.a the blue spirit.

'hey, a poster of me!' cried aang, excitedly.

'it's a wanted poster,' i said, tearing it off the board, 'this isn't good'

'i think we better keep moving.' said katara.

'i have to learn firebending at some point, and this could be my only chance to watch a master up close.'

'i guess we could check it out.' said katara, unsurely.

'what!? you want to walk into a fire nation town where they're all fired up with all their, you know, fire?' said sokka.

'we'll wear disguises and if it looks like trouble, we'll leave.' i said, blankly.

we walked closer to the fire nation town - stopping outside the forest to prepare.

aang stood by appa and momo, 'you guys stay out of sight here while we go to the festival.'

'ready disguises!'

me, sokka, and katara, pulled our cloaks on, covering our faces and clothes. whereas, aang put his shirt over his head.

'it's like you're a whole different person.'

'let's go.'

the town looked amazing - it really looked like a celebration of fire in the best way possible.

everyone around us was wearing a mask and we kind of stuck out though.

'i think we need some new disguises.' i said, pulling my cloak over my head a bit tighter.

'where are we gonna get masks like that?' said sokka, skeptically.

we looked around and there was a merchant selling the masks right next to us.

'that was surprisingly easy.' sokka said, as we rushed over to the stall.

we walked into the square - it was filled with bright lights and everyone there (even the kids) were wearing the masks.