The Water Tribe

'oh my gosh id forgotten about these!' i cried, pulling katara to the side of the saddle to look at the water, 'KOALA-OTTERS!'

katara laughed, looking at how happy i was.

'i'm not one to complain, but can't appa fly any higher?' said sokka, petulantly.

appa only went lower, grazing the water with his leg.

'i have an idea, why don't we all get on your back and you can fly us to the north pole?' shouted aang,,, aangrily.

'i'd love to! climb on everyone! sokka's ready for takeoff!'

'look, we're all just a little tired and cranky because we've been flying for two days straight.' said katara as i fell back down onto appa.

'only two days?'

'and for what?' said sokka, 'we can't even find the northern water tribe. there's nothing up here.'

just then, ice began moving rapidly towards appa.

aang screamed and pulled him to the side, almost making us fall off the saddle.

aang swerved left but appa was hit with ice and we couldnt move away.

not that we'd want to - they were waterbenders.

we'd found the northern water tribe.

they lead us into their city, pulling down their ice walls with ease.

'i can't believe how many waterbenders live up here!' said katara.

'we'll find a master to teach us, no problem!' smiled aang

we sailed through their canals and into the breathtakingly beautiful city.

we passed another boat with a girl in it.

she had white hair and was wearing regal clothes - probably the princess or something similar.

sokka went down to the end of appas tail, looking at her dreamily.

'this place is beautiful.' said katara, looking around.

'yeh, she is.' said sokka.

ouch dude.

but, in his defence (not like he deserved it) she was absolutely stunning.

---

we went to a feast they'd prepared and sat next to katara - sadly just in earshot of sokka and yue.

'tonight, we celebrate the arrival of our brother and sister from the southern tribe, and they have brought with them someone very special, someone whom many of us believed disappeared from the world until now.' said the chief, pointing at aang, 'the avatar! we also celebrate my daughter's 16th birthday. princess yue is now of marrying age.'

yue stepped onto the stage, looking out at the crowd, 'thank you, father. may the great ocean and moon spirits watch over us during these troubled times.'

'now, master pakku and his students will perform!' said the chief, motioning towards three men on a stage.

they began and î heard sokka try to woo princess yue.

'hi, there. sokka, southern water tribe.'

'very nice to meet you.'

'so... uh... you're a princess! you know, back in my tribe, i'm kinda like a prince myself!'

katara laughed, 'ha! prince of what?'

'a lot of things! uh, do you mind? i'm trying to have a conversation here!' said sokka, annoyed.