Bato

we were in a forested area by the shore, looking for food or dropped supplies

'hey look! a sword made out of a whale's tooth.' aang exclaimed, picking it up.

'lemme see that.' said sokka, grabbing it from him, 'this is a water tribe weapon. see if you can find anything else.'

me and aang searchef the area for anything else related.

'did someone lose something?' asked katara, walking closer.

'no, we found something.' said aang

sokka stopped and picked up an arrow from the floor, 'it's burned. there was a battle. water tribe warriors ambushed a group of firebenders. the firebenders fought back, but the warriors drove them down this hill...'

he ran down the hill and we landed on the beach.

'so then what happened?' i asked

'i don't know. the trail ends here.'

'wait! look!' said katara, pointing to a water tribe boat.

'it's one of our boats!'

we ran up to it and katara and sokka inspected it, finally concluding that it was from their fathers fleet.

we lit our campfire by the boat, but it didn't combat the cold very well.

i woke up to a man walking towards us.

'bato!' said katara, running up to him and hugging him.

'sokka! katara! it is so good to see you two! oh, you've grown so much.' said bato.

me and aang walked up to them, confused as to how katara and sokka knew the man.

'hi, i'm aang.'

'and im y/n'

'where's dad?' asked sokka

'is he here?' said katara

'no, he and the other warriors should be in the eastern earth kingdom by now.' said bato

the wind picked up, making us shiver.

'brr! this is no place for a reunion.' he continued, 'let's get inside.'

we followed him to an abbey and he said, 'after i was wounded, your father carried me to this abbey. the sisters have cared for me ever since. superior, these are hakoda's children. they've been traveling with the avatar. i found them by my boat.'

the superior bowed, 'young avatar, it gives me great joy to be in your presence. welcome to our abbey.'

'thank you! it's truly an honor to be here. if there's anything -' began aang, before sokka cut him off

'what smells so good, bato?

' the sisters craft ointments and perfumes.'

' perfume? maybe we could dump some on appa? because he stinks so much! am i right?' joked sokka, failing to be funny.

'you have your father's wit.' said bato, not impressed.

we went into his house and looked around.

'bato! it looks like home!' said katara

'everything's here, even the pelts!' sokka exclaimed.

î looked at aang, then back at the dead animal skins on the floor and walls.

'yeah, nothing's more comforting than dead animal skins.' said aang, looking visibly sick.

bato led sokka and katara to his fire.