Chapter One

I sat on the kitchen counter thinking about what excuse I would give to Martha. I didn't want to go to her stupid party, the only reason she wanted me there was because she wanted to show off like she always did. Still thinking of what to tell her, I grabbed my phone and texted Jean. Jean is my cousin and only true friend i can say. Despite our different backgrounds and up bringing we always got along. My parents died when I was thirteen and My family had neglected me so I was forced to live in an orphanage. They took me to school till I graduated from high school and they even sponsored my college.

"hey girl, are you free tonight? Am looking for an excuse to miss Martha's party. Do you think you can accomodate me?"
I sat still as i waited for her reply. Few minutes later she replied and I opened the text.

"Hey babe, am sorry I wont be able to accomodate you tonight. Ben and I meeting up for dinner tonight. Love you "

Right! Just what I needed. I jumped off the counter and went straight to my room. It was clear, I was alone. Jean and Ben were like the perfect couple ever. Everyone admired them, including myself, and well they were really cute together. They had been together for two years. Ben had come into Jean's life when she was suffering from a very painful heartbreak. But that's a story for another day.

I went into my closet and picked up a maroon midi dress. It was sleeveless and had some glitter on the back. I picked up some black sandals and my black and maroon clutch. I tied my hair into a tight bun. I stood in front of the mirror, smiled and I left the house. I stood by the road to catch a taxi and after a few minutes of waiting I was on the road to Martha's luxuroius house.
In case you're wondering, Martha is a friend of mine. Someone I had known from College. She was a distant friend but somehow insisted that i attended all her parties. When it came to her, it was all about glam and who's got the bling. She wanted everyone to know what she was up to and all that she owned. She keept those that had some social status close by. Well I am just a simple secretary so I had no idae of why she wanted me around.

I dropped off at her house and went straight into the living room. Well it was a party so the music was turned on and i had spotted some guys that I knew. They getured to me so that I could join them but seeing to it that dancing wasnt my thing I passed.

I found Martha and after a few greatings and a hug, she offered me a drink. "It's non Alcoholic" she gave it to me with a smile. I took a sip of the drink and held it in my hand as she gave me a tour of the house. A few minutes later I was left alone as she had hit the dance floor with a few friends. Parties were not really my thing but I found myself at some of them because of Martha. She was the party goddess.

I sat alone for some time hoping for Martha to come back. She was so Much burried in the song she was dancing to so I stood alone for some time and made up a few excuses to the guys that approached me and tried to start up a conversation.

Just as I was about to find a way of escaping, someone grabbed me by the hand and when I turned it was some drunk guy i didn't even know.