Chapter Fifteen

Spending time with Frank was something I enjoyed. Today I uncovered new things and it was envident that he was a good man. After my call with Martha, we went to the kitchen to have her mushroom soup made. I sat on the kitchen chair as I watched him start up everything, I felt so comfortable being around him and just talking to him. A few days ago I was freaking out about going out with a minister and now I was here, in his house.

I snapped out of my thoughts and I found Frank staring at me. I smiled at him with some shyness written all over me. He smiled back and folded his arms right across his chest.

"What?" I asked.

He just smiled and went on to ask. "This friend that we're going to see, is she the same one from Dairy Valley?"

"Yes that's the one"

He smiled as he covered the distance between us. I found myself scanning his face. We had never stood this close to each other, I felt my face turn pink and I gave a little smile of emberassment. In the process our eyes locked and I begun to search them. He had blue wide eyes. They were beautiful and I imagined having a son with eyes just like his. As I serched them all I could see was honesty and loyalty. I dropped my gaze but his hand lifted my head up from the chin. I placed my hands on his chest as he held on to my chin.

"You're an amazing woman Cindy."

He leaned in and gently held my face as he bent down to pour out a kiss. Our lips came in contact untill they finally locked. I felt shivers run down my spine as he kissed me. I threw my hands around his neck and retained his kiss.

After a beautiful moment of sharing our emotions, he pulled me into a hug and I tightly shut my eyes.

"I care about you Cindy."

I rested my chin on his shoulder and just allowed my self to feel safe and protected with him. I couldn't say anything in return because I didn't know just exactly what it was that I needed to say.

                                +

When we got to Martha's house, Frank came to my side and pulled the car door open for me. We entered the house and Found Martha laying down on the Couch. She looked far much better than she did when I first came to see her.

"Hai love, how are you feeling?" I asked

"Am good am actually fine. Hope you've brought my soup"

"Yes "

"Oh I can see you didn't come alone"

"Yes, Martha this is my friend Frank, He's a pastor from Grace minitries"

"Nice to finally meet you Martha."
As he extended a hand to greet her.

We sat down and I warmed Martha's soup and gave it to her. When she was done Frank drove me back home. Just as we were about to pull up in the drive way, I saw a car pulling over just in front of my house and I immediately knew it was Jean. She must have been upset with me. I hadn't seriously talked to her in the previous week.

"Are you expecting anyone?"

"No, but am pretty sure that that's my cousin Jean"

"Okay"

"Girl where have you been?"
Jean immediately froze as she saw Frank get out of the car
"Hello"
Frank waved as he had stepped out of the car

"Hello Pastor, she sounded a little embarrassed. Uhh.. cindy you'll find me inside."

She runoff and opened the door with a spare key that I had given to her.

"You know each other?" I asked.
"Yeah her and her boyfriend, what's his name again?"
"Ben"
"Yes Ben, came to our church to visit, they said they were in search of a church they were going to settle down in. "

"Oh I see, she didn't mention it to me but I knew the two struggled with their different christian backgrounds. They wanted a church they would both love and enjoy so that their children won't have to choose"

"Yeah it's a good plan, they siad they first had to pray over it and then they would make a decision."

He then turned to face me and put my hair behind my ear. He was such a gentleman, he smiled at me and then he went on to say;
"Am I seeing you tomorrow at church?"

"Yes, I enjoyed the service last Sunday"

"I enjoyed today, you're a cool person." I smiled at what he said and responded in agreement.
"Me too. You're a great teacher" we both laughed at that.
"I now have to let you go." As he pulled me into a soft embrace. He pulled me in for a light kiss and said goodnight.

I knew I was in trouble with Jean. I knew she was going to question me for not telling her about Frank and all the juiciness of rhe story.

Author's Note
Thankyou so much for reading my book. I hope you're enjoying yourselves. Feel free to vote and leave a comment. I had struggles with writing chapters 13, 14 and 15 hence the delay in updates.