Chapter Eleven

His message kept on playing through and through in my head. I was so glad that I had come to this place. I woke up today in the morning and got an instruction to attend church here. Indeed God had something specially prepared for me.
That message about faith and holding on to God even if all the happenings around us told us to let go was so uplifting. The message reminded me of my mother. She always told me to trust and keep holding onto God even if the worat were to happen. It was like she knew she was leaving. The faith that she had was extraordinary and having heard the same message here today just went right through me.

I sat there in the lounge waiting for Pastor Frank, a few minutes later he came back. This was the second time I was seeing him dressed up smartly and from my observations, it was clear he wasn't really a fan. He was in a blue suit, a colour that matched his eyes. I immediately snapped out of it and repositioned myself in my seat.

"I am Sorry for keeping you waiting miss Cindy"

"It's okay"

"Shall we..?" As he stood waiting for me to get up. I picked up my handbag and he let me walk out first. There was just something about this man. He treated me with respect and made me feel so safe and protected.

When we were outside, a tall looking man came towards us. It was no doubt he was Frank's brother. He came to where we were and after greeting us both Frank gave the introductions.

"Cindy,  this is my brother George and George this is Cindy."

"Nice to meet you Cindy, I've heard good things about you." I blushed at the sound of that

"Nice to meet you too George"

We spoke for a bit before he left and Frank and I went on. Frank being the gentleman opened the door to his car for me and led me in. We drove to DeLight dinner and we sat down to have our lunch.

"I always come here After church to have my lunch. Am not really thrilled about having to cook my own meal and eat it alone. So George and I opted to be coming here."

"I have never eaten from here before, I usually just do take aways."

"Have you tried their Desserts?" He asked
"No, am more of a savoury person"

"You should try them they are to die for"

A young looking waitresss came to take our orders and she seemed to know Frank quite well. She turned to me, smiled and took my order. Lunch was ready in about thirty minutes and we ate up. Moments after that, we walked to the nearest park and sat down to talk and just have a chat. We talked about food, music, church and everything else that popped up. It was in that moment that he finally decided to ask about my family.

"So I know last time it didn't go so well when I asked you about your parents, but I can't help but remain curious to know what really transpired."
I took some time to breath and organize myself before I could actually tell the story.

"So my mum died when I had just turned thirteen. She was diagonised with Cancer, she had a drinking problem way back in her youth and they said her liver had weakened and it had been eaten up. "

"He attentively listened to me as I explained and he kept a neutral face."

"She died fighting for her life and she was the best I tell you."
After that statement I saw a soft smile from him and he reached from hand and gently squeezed it as a way giving me strength to go on.
"A few months later my dad  left too after he was found with depression. We tried signing him up for Counselling and therapy but nothing changed.
My mother never had so many relatives and the ones she had were all far away. I was then taken to the shelter and when my uncle, a distant cousin to my dad tried to get me out but child services denied it so I only visted them."