Chapter Nineteen

It had been three days since I last saw Frank and I had ignored all his messages and calls because I just didn't know what to tell him. I had spoken to Jean about the issue the previous night. She made me realise that Frank was the best thing that ever happened to me. And it was true, he was always there for me. He even went with me on some sundays to volunteer at the shelter home. Me not being with him on such an important day was going to be very unfair.

I stayed up all night thinking and praying over the issue. I had come to a conclusion that I needed to go with him. I felt a strong conviction within me and I decided that I was going to go.

Well when it was mid morning, I tried to call Frank several times but there was no response. His phone was off so I decided to call his brother George. I was sure the two were together. I dialed his number and waited for him to pick up.
"Hello Cindy"
"Hai George, how are you?"
"Am alright thanks. Is everything okay"
"Yes, I just wanted to ask. Are you with Frank"
"No frank left, he's already at our parents' place. I thought you two were together. I stayed behind because I need to finish up with a few things at work."
"No am actually home. What time are you leaving?"
"Uhh tomorrow morning. But I can send the driver over if that's okay with you and he can take you to the mansion"
"Al-right that's fine"

Frank had mentioned to me before, that his parents were wealthy but never had he mentioned that they lived in a masion. I begun to think twice about my decision, but I had already told George that I was going and the driver was already on his way.

I rushed to my room the moment I heard the car horn outside my house and picked up my red clutch and a bottle of water. It had taken us three hours to get to the mansion and when we got there I could see some people dressed in white and black. I could tell that they were servants. I became even more nervous cause I now didn't know of what to expect. The car pulled in and I saw Frank standing with a lady that seemed to be in her fifties.

A man came to where the car had packed and introduced himself.
"Welcome Miss Cindy, My name is Timothy and I am the family butler. Mr George had informed me of your coming.
"Thankyou Timothy"
"Where's your laggage?" He asked as he looked around.
"I don't have any"
"Alright, please come with me then"

We started to walk in the direction Frank and the women were. It was evident his parents were wealthy cause this place was huge and nice. I started to think through all this but it was now too late cause there was no going back. I was already here and I needed to apologize to Frank for saying no.