Chapter Sixteen

Cindy, a woman I had come to love and cherish. One that I wanted to marry and see mother my Children. I needed her to walk with me. A woman that showed me that God indeed had a plan for me and my future children. She was hurting and I could see it, but all I could do at this point was pray for her.

It had been three months since Cindy and I first met and our relationship had grown stronger. She was a woman I had fallen for and her pain became mine too. I watched her battle with the pain she decided to conceal within herself. I wanted to reach out but she had built strong walls around all that pain.

All I wanted was to see her happy. I got down on my knees each and everyday asking God to touch her. In three months that we had been together, Cindy became a full member of Grace ministries and so did Jean and Ben. It was amazing to see how Cindy stood by me and how much she supported me in my ministry.

I had not seen her in a few days so I decided to suprise her at work. I packed right outside and waited for her to get out of the building. I had texted her earlier on Just to make sure that she was still at the office. I was very careful with how I asked cause I didn't want her to suspect a thing. Ten minutes had ellapsed from time I packed when I saw her walk out of the building in black dress. She Immediately smiled when she saw my car.

"Hey beautiful," I said, as I got out of the car
"Hello, I was not expecting to see you here" Her cheecks had lit up and she wore a huge smile on her face.
"Do you wanna get some food?"
"Yes you read my mind. Am starving."

We got in the car and I begun to drive. I didn't tell her anything because I wanted the dinner to be a surprise. I had arranged for a candlelit dinner.
"where are we going?"
"Uhh I can't tell you, all you have to do is trust me"
"Do I need to dress up?" She asked as she held on to my hand.
"No baby you look perfect"
"Are you sure?"
"Yes"

After a few minutes of driving we got to the place.
"Wow! Why didn't you tell me?"
"Cause I wanted to suprise you. Shall we?"
"Yes" she slid her arm in mine and we walked to our table in the corner. The waiter came trough and we ordered our food. Today was going to be the day I told her that I loved her. A day I had planned to express myself and openly share how I felt about her. She was someone I had come to love and cherish, a Woman I knew I was going to marry.

My parents were celebrating their 30 years of being married the coming weekend and I wanted her to come with me. I wanted her to meet them and I also wanted her to see my roots. I wanted her to see my family and I was certain they were going to love her.

Thanks for reaching this far. Pardon me on the mistakes, erros and typos. Am yet to edit this entire book.
Thanks for understanding😊
Happy reading