Chapter Two

I had just finished my late meeting with the ladies and I was tired and very much exhausted, I heard some ladies call me as I made my way to my car.
"Pastor Frank" they called out
I turned to look at who was calling and I then discovered it was bethany and her friends. They walked up to me and handed me an invitation card. I looked at it and smiled at them as I said thankyou. One of our church members was getting married and they were in charge of organising the event.

I got into the car and drove out of the premises. I turned on the radio and put on some music, just what i needed, it was my favourite song playing. I sang along and as I was just about to get into Dairy Valley, I heard my phone beep. I bent down to see whom it was that had texted me. As I picked up my phone and sat up to keep my eyes on the road, I immediately hit the emergency brakes as I saw a lady crossing the road with her head burried in the screen of her phone. I heard her scream and saw her jump as my car hit a stop just an inch away from her.

I immediately got out of the car and ran to her.
Are you okay miss? I asked

Yes am fine.

I helped her up and apologized for almost hitting her.
"Am truly sorry I didn't see you. Am really sorry. Can i get you to see a doctor?"

"No no need. am fine, thanks. "

The woman lady cleaned her dress up and started to walk away. As I watched her, I heard the Holy spirit within tell me to offer her a ride. Amazed at it I ran after her.

"Am sorry miss but can I atleast  give you a ride to wherever you're going? That's least I can do seeing that I almost hit you tonight." Uncertain of whether or not she was going to agree, I gestured for her to walk back to the car and spoke
"Please let me i insist."

She seemed a little hesistant but she finally accepted and I led her to the car. I opened the door for her and I walked up to my side and got in. There was something about this woman that I couldn't put my finger on but the one thing I knew is that she wasn't ordinary. Yes she was pretty and very beautiful but that wasn't it. I decided to brush the feeling off and tried to engage into a conversation.

"So where are you going?" Iasked.

"Valley crescents." She answered

"Alright. Is that home?"

"Yes. I was just attending a friend's party in Dairy Valley. "

"By the way pardon my Manners, my name is frank Moses. And you are...?"

"Cindy Clarckson."

"Nice to Meet you Miss Cindy Clarckson"

"Nice to meet you too Mr. Frank"

We didn't really talk much as I drove her home. Her main focus seemed to be on her phone. I didnt ask much either as i didnt want to make her feel uncomfortable. I decided to turn on the radio and we drove to her house in silence. When we got there she unfastened het seat belt and turned to thank me. I smiled and told her there was no need.
I drove home with the same song on repeat.