Chapter Eight

I hope she didn't think I was a creep. I spent the whole week worried about what Cindy might have thought of my invitation. I picked up my black suit from the dry cleaners and set it aside for the evening. I had spent my entire afternoon in the prayer room.

When evening came I got dressed in my suit and wore some perfume to finish up. I got into my car to get to Cindy's house. I started wondering what to expect from this date. Well it was no doubt that I was interested and wanted to get to know her better.

She's also interested

At the sound of that I smiled and confidently knocked on her door. She opened the door a few minutes later and she was dressed in this gorgeous red dress that went down all the way to her knees. She looked beautiful and her white big eyes just went well with that dress. Her heels were red sandals with some sort of ribbon that she tired on her ankle. She had some red lipstick on and she had tired her dark, long hair into a tight bun. She had a silver purse hanging on her shoulder. And she smiled the moment she saw me.

"Wow!!" Is all i could say

She blushed a little in reaction to what I had just said.

"You look amazing"

"Thankyou. You don't look bad yourself."

"Are you ready?"

"Yes let me just lock the door."

I walked to the car and opened the door for her. When I was fully settled in my seat I started the car and immideately initiated a conversation.

"So how have you been?"

"Alright. And how have you been?"

"Very fine just a little tired from work"

"Oh I see, so apart from Pastoring what else do you do?"

"I own a business consultancy firm known as 'Breaking Bounds'. It is run by my younger brother George."
She listened attentively as I spoke and she nodded to show that she was following.

"And what do you you do?" I asked

"Am a Secretary at at a phone company and I own a flower shop just in town."

Well that explains it. It was going to be quite suspicious just for her to work as a secretary. She lived an elegant life, looking at her house and how she dressed. Even though she had no car (I assumed) she surely did live classy.

Our conversation continued as we continued to know more One another. When we got to the wedding, we sat at a table close to the front and we were put with Pastor Patrick and his wife. I introduced Cindy to the couple and we settled in our seats and enjoyed the celebration.

Of course all eyes were on the lady I came with. I Could only imagine the questions going round in people's heads about the woman seated next to me. She seemed composed and very much collected and interacted with Pastor Patrick's wife here and there. She seemed to enjoy herself as she closely watched all the performances that were going on. I couldn't help but think about who she was. I was now even more curious to know her more.