Chapter Three

Suprised at my own actions, "wait so I had just agreed for a complete stranger to drop me home.What if he was a killer and now he knows my house."

I began to panic, but there was something different about him. He seemed joyful and he had this bright smile on his face. There was something that just spoke peace on his face.

I guess he's genuine, Well atleast am home safe, I thought to myself. Martha's party was wack especially that drunk guy that tried to dance with me. It was now time to rest and get out of the my dress and heels.

I walked to the bathroom, brushed my teeth and cleaned off my make up. I got into my pink pajamas and I sat on my bed and read a chapter from my bible. I then prayed and went to sleep.

.......

It was Saturday meaning I had no where to go. I sat in the kitchen as I drunk my cup of coffe. I heard a car pack outside and of course it had to be Jean. She came in and like always she wore this smile on her face. She hung her coat and came and sat opposite me as she dumped her keys on the counter.

"Notice anything different about me?" She asked me with a smile glued to her face.she stretched out her hand even before I could answer her question and Oh my gosh it was a ring.

"Jean it's beautiful, wow when did this happen?"

"Last night after dinner. He drove us near the lake and we walked to the bridge where he knelt and asked me to marry him."

"Awwww girl am so happy for you. I wiped off some tears and I went to her side and gave her a tight hug."

"Thanks girl. I really love Ben and am so happy that he came into my life. You know after my last boyfriend cheated on me and disappointed me i just thought I couldn't find a good guy. Ben is so different Cindy."

"Am so happy for you babe."

It was so nice to see my friend like this. She was so happy and I had imagined her in a beautiful gown. She was going to look so pretty. She was petite and small in size and her warm personality was just so beautiful. Jean was indeed an angel.

It was funny how she was much more of a friend to me than a cousin. I remember she would come for sleep overs at the orphanage and I would visit her at her parent's house. Her dad and my dad were distant cousins and after his wife died just after she was born he decided to marry Clara. Clara had loved Jean and still loves her like her own.

She looked at me and held my hands.
"I would like for you to be my chief bride's maid"

"Awww girl of course you know i can't say no to that."

We then moved to the living room as we continued to chat and make plans for the wedding. My Saturday had eneded with me and Jean having to watch a movie and sharing some popcorn.