Chapter Seventeen

I had not seen Frank for some days now and I really missed him. Our schedules could not allow for it to happen. When I saw him packed right outside my work place, my heart jumped and all I wanted to do was jump on him. Yeah it sounds crazy but that is how much I missed him.

It had been three months since we met and I had fallen for him. His kindness and dedication towards his work was something I couldn't even explain. His love for God and ministry were things I couldn't even understand. Not only that, he was kind and sweet and he was always gentle and patient with me. Us sitting here tonight had just revealed how much I had fallen for him.

After the dinner was over we walked out of the restaurant and sat in the garden Just to talk and relax a bit. I always enjoyed such moments with Frank, they were special. As we sat on the bench, I leaned in and rested my head on his chest staring at the sky. He played with my hair and cracked a few jokes.

"My love," I called out
"Yes sweetheart" I sat up and turned to face him.
"Thankyou for the dinner and the surprise"
"You're always welcome" He now put up a serious face and held both my hands. I begun to search his eyes as I tried to predict what he wanted to tell me.

"Cindy," he begun
"Yes babe"
"I Love you, I have fallen in love with you. Your charm, your aura it is all something I can't resist."
I had melted as he poured out those words. I continued to search his eyes. My lips could not utter an words at this point. I could see him intently look at me waiting for some response. Without thinking about it, I went in for a kiss. He kissed me back as he hed on to my hands. We then pulled away from each other and I gave my response.
"I love you too Frank"

He held on to both my hands and I went back in the same position as I was before. I rested my head on his chest as I thought about what he had just told me. He continued to play with my hair as I lost my mind in thought. It was when he spoke that I had awaken to reality.

"My parents will be celebrating their 30th anniversary. George, my sister and I are throwing them a party and I would like you to come with me."
I immediately froze, I had prayed and hoped for this day never to happen. I had never been the peerson to attend family gatherings. They made me feel insecure and very much inferior. Even when Jean's parents threw parties that were centered on family, I declined. I would always come up with some excuse of some sort.

"Did you hear what I said?"
"Oh yes I did" As I shiffted from the position I was to now face him. He stared at me waiting for an answer but I couldn't just say yes like he expected and I couldn't say no like I wanted to. I knew I was going to hurt and disappoint him if I did. He held my hands and continued to look at me.
"Is everything alright? Did I say something wrong?"
"No you didn't"
"Then why the sudden look on your face?"
"Can I be honest with you?"
"Well you know you can tell me anything baby"
"I am uncomfortable with the idea of me coming with you to your parent's house."

"Why is that love?"
"Uh!" I breathed out, not knowing what to exactly tell him
"It's okay, You don't have to tell me if you don't want to."
"No baby it's not like that"
"It's okay, I understand"
"Are you upset with me?"
"No, but am disappointed with your response. I wasn't expecting it."