Chapter Nine

I had died in my seat as everyone in the room seemed to have their attention settled on me. Was it my dress they were looking at?
I was so uncomfortable but Frank seemed to have it all together. I kept snapping out of it and reminding myself that I was out on a date with a Minister. Oh my God! I was loosing it

"Relax, the date is going pretty well. Look at him"

What! This was the third time God was talking to me about this this week. This was huge, I had to pray tirelessly in the past just to get it right when God spoke to me about a guy that was interested in me.
Wait, no I Did'nt  think Frank was interested in me. Oh C'mon Cindy Of course he was. He came all the way to your house just to invite you on a date.

"Wanna get out of here?"

I was interupted when Frank had asked that question. Well we had seen most of the dinner party I guess it was time we left.

"Yes sure," I replied. Not wanting to sound like someone that was deep in thought before the question was asked.

We got up and headed out. He had offered for me to slide my arm in his as we walked down the aisle out of the room. Pastor Patrick and his wife had left earlier saying the needed to go and see the kids.

We drove out of the Place where the wedding was held and settled out in the park. He came to my side and opened the door for me so that I would come out. He held my hand as I did, it was quite chilly outside so he offerede his Jacket.

"Here, you seem cold," as he placed it on my shoulders.

"Thankyou"

"I used to come here alot when I was a young boy. I loved painting so the park was my place of inspiration. My parents would always get mad for not telling them where I was but they eventually got used."

"Oh nice you paint. That's something I've always been interested in but never got the chance to learn"

"I could teach you, he offered"

"That would be nice" I responded

"It's a date then"

"Yes it's a date"

"So tell me more about yourself, you mentioned on sunday that the kids you were with were from the shelter home. Are you a volunteer there?"

"Yes iam a volunteer. I actually grew up there. Both my parents died when I was thirteen. It was my mother first and then my dad. All my relatives had neglected and they pushed me there. I finished high school while there and they took me to college. So I owe it to them. I visit the shelter whenever I can and help out in whatever way I can."

"Am so sorry about the loss of your parents and it's so sad to hear what your family did."

"It's okay..thanks"

We continued to walk in silence after that painful narration and am pretty sure he noticed that I was tearing up. He turned to face me and stood in front of me. The pain that I had in me had just resurfaced and I had broken down. Why did this have to happen on our first date. He held my shoulders and gently pulled me into an embrace.

"Am so sorry we had to talk about this here and now."

I felt so emberassed as I rested my chin on his shoulder. I couldn't help myself but I just remained in that position and cried some more. A few minutes later he offered me a hanky for me to wipe my tears. We sat down on a bench and he watched me and waited for me to cool down. He reached for my hand and gently squeezed it and told me

"Everything will be alright. Don't cry."

There was just someting about that sentence that touched my heart. I didn't know this man well but he surely made me feel very safe around him. He helped me up and we walked back to the car. He drove me back home in silence and I sat in the car with my mind preoccupied about everything that had just happened.

When we got home I invited him in and I offered him a cup of coffe. I changed into some warm comfortable clothes and I sat with him in the living room.

"Are you okay?" He asked

"Yes am fine, and i immideately sipped my cup."

"Am so sorry today turned out like this"

"There's no need to apologize it's okay"

"Well I want you to get enough rest, and take good care of yourself. I enjoyed spending time with you"
He said that with a smile on his face but with a face of concern too.

"I enjoyed myself as well. I said this with a smile too."

"I have to go now, I have church tomorrow and am sure you do too."

I got up in agreement and walked to him to see him out. I gave him a hug and said thankyou for the lovely evening.