part 1 - meet the reader

=

=

Another day in Auradon, another day of classes and preparing for cotillion with Mal and Jane.

You were the twin sister of Audrey, though you...kinda didn't look like her? I mean people could tell you were her sister but otherwise.

Anyway, your sister had retreated to fairy cottage to get away from Mal and Ben. You didn't blame her, don't get me wrong, you were great friends with Mal and Ben, being best friends with Ben since you were kids in fact.

You just felt your sister deserved an apology for getting broken up with in such a harsh way.

But anyway back to the main story.

Cotillion was three days away, and you could tell Mal was....stressed, to say the least. So you did your best to communicate with Jane about cotillion to lighten the load.

You slung your light blue denim book bag over your shoulder, checking your shoes before walking out of your room that you shared with Lonnie and heading to class.

"Hey (y/n)! I need your help for a moment!" you turned, smiling as Jane jogged up to your side.

"Sure, what's up" you, leaned over her shoulder, glancing at her tablet.

"well, you're an artist, right? Well, I wanted to know if I needed any changes to the stain glass window art?" you hummed, and looked over the concept art.

"When will it be made?" you inquired, taking the tablet from her and zooming in on certain details.

"tomorrow, just need to run this by Ben after you approve it"

You took out the tablet's pen and started to edit some things, adding some burns to Mals purple dress, putting some green lines on the top, and resizing the crown.

"there, that's a little better" you handed the tablet back to Jane, who smiled as she looked at the art "now I gotta get to class, see ya!"

=

Harry sighed, picking at the fish fries in front of them, lifting them up, grimacing at the grease dripping off of it. "ugh" he groaned, dropping the fry back on his tray.

Looking up, he saw the usual Auradon news playing, he rolled his eyes, slumping down on his arms.

"and now we meet the planners for Mals special night, cotillion, where she will be presented as lady of the court~" first to appear on screen was the little blue daughter of Fairy godmother, Jane he though her name was.

He looked away for only a moment, distracted by the crew yelling about something, looking back he instinctively straightened.

A girl, with shining (e/c) eyes and a bright smile, a soft pink off-shoulder top flowing around her. "and here we have the other planner, miss (y/n), daughter of Aurora, now tell me, what are you in charge of?"

Her voice was like bells, not the ones in the little plastic ones that ended up on the isle after the holidays, but ones that chimed in the wind.

How sentimental and bullcrapy was that Harry? 10/10, Harry smacked his hands against his cheeks, he couldn't feel this way about a princess, the daughter of sleeping beauty no less.

He stood, he needed to get back to his dad's clock shop, it was his turn on shift.

=

You sighed, sketching out a male body to figure out some outfits to help Evie out with her orders. Right now you were working on chads order, since Evie was so busy with everything else.

Most of his outfit was already finished but he kept making changes so you had to constantly add new things to the outfits, and now you were sketching out the final draft since Evie had managed to convince him she knew what to do.

Adding the fluff to the cape, you felt someone sit next to you. Looking to your right, you saw the now bleach blonde Mal. She sighed and fell into your side.

"are you okay?"

"yeah, just kinda tired" she muttered, scratching at her history book. You hummed in sympathy, patting her shoulder and going back to the sketch.

"hey, by the way, I never asked what happened during that whole trident went missing fiasco" Mal groaned and rolled her eyes.

"shrimpy happened that's what" you rolled your eyes and sighed.

"ah, okay, Uma"

"no-shrimpy-shrimpy! shes always been shrimpy" Mal pushed, you just shrugged, you had a policy of not calling people names, even if they were villains.

"anyway, the storm washed the trident behind the barrier and shrimpy went after it, we were lucky enough to get it before her"

"Why did she want it?" you asked, closing your sketchbook and taking a sip of your drink.

"to take over Auradon duh?" you pressed your lips together and nodded.

"right"

Mal sighed and looked at her phone, squeaking as she saw the time.

"oh shoot! Im late?!" you perked up, watching as Mal scrambled to grab her things "I have to go, talk to you later!!!"

Mal sprinted off, leaving you stunned at the picnic table.

"huh," you muttered, putting away your sketchbook and slowly starting to get ready for your after school stuff.

You looked out the window, the barrier surrounding the isle of the lost glinting in the sun. you frowned, you still thought more kids should be off the isle by now.

But it seemed Ben was taking his sweet time in trying to get the next set. You sighed, tearing your eyes away.

Hopefully, after cotillion, you would get the chance to talk to both Ben and Mal about it.

–end of part 1–