part 4 - argument

=

=

You tapped the tip of your shoe on the ground, waiting by the kitchens for Mal. She wanted you to help with some food for Ben for today, their little date at the lake grotto in about two hours.

Which gave you just enough time to get at least a couple of dishes together, all of a sudden Mal ran past you, rushing to get her spell book from her bag.

"Mal?" you tilted your head, following her into the kitchen "whats-

"I FORGOT!" she yelled back, grabbing a plate, bread, peanut butter, and jelly and starting to make the sandwich.

"Mal we have time to-"

"take this plain meal, turn it to a scrumptious meal" she muttered to herself, stuffing the sandwich into a bag and handing you the plate.

"come on! I have to get to the grotto!" you sighed and followed her out, tugging down your shorts that were riding up your leg.

"Alright alright i'm coming" you yelled after her, starting to jog after her sprinting form.

How did she run in those chunky heels of hers?

=

You stared blankly at Ben as he finished talking about Mal and her use of the spellbook.

You understood the food spell, the blonde hair spell, the speed reading spell. But trying to spell Ben to forget their fight?

That....Mal needed to talk to someone about that, deleting your boyfriend's memories every time you fought was really bad and she thought it would work out in her favor?

You sighed, rubbing your forehead as Ben awkwardly looked to the side and rubbed his arm. "so shes been obviously under a lot of stress from experiencing something BRAND NEW to her, and has had constant panic attacks, dissociates, and keeps talking to us about "what it would be like to go back to the isle". And you yell at her that it's "hard" being a king? Ben, you've been trained to be king since you would think, Mal only JUST got into this life, you didn't think she would need help transitioning from daughter of the mistress of all evil to the pretty perfect lady of the court? Shes not Audrey Ben, she's not me, she needs help learning and settling into the role. And if the spellbook helped her not explode from stress, then it helped."

Ben looked thoroughly scorned, staring down at his hands in shame. "I know you love her and felt betrayed by her lying to you, which is valid, but yelling at her for something that she wasn't prepared for and no one helped her in the long run, low blow Ben. Again, her trying to spell you to erase the fight is wrong and I will be talking to her about that, but you have to understand that shes not used to the life of royalty, and needs time to settle, shes not like Evie who just bounced into her life here." You sighed as you finished your rant, leaning back in your chair and staring up at the ceiling.

"that....okay I definitely overreacted" Ben murmured to himself, leaning back in his chair and rubbing his face. "i'm really oblivious sometimes aren't I?"

"Since you were a kid beasty boy" you laughed, flinching as Evie suddenly walked into the room.

"Ben?" she spoke in a hurried tone, eyes watery and red. You and Ben sat up at that, your eyes drifting to the paper in Evie's hand.

"Evie? What's up?" she numbly walked over to him and handed him the paper, sniffing slightly. Ben furrowed his brows as he took the paper, he opened it, his eyes widening in shock.

"Mal's gone back to the isle" Evie muttered, glancing at you, who sat surprised in your seat. You stood and walked over to Ben, reading the note over his shoulder.

"im sorry Evie but I can't do this-" Bens voice faded out as he read, his hand twitching as Evie handed him the ring he had given to Mal six months ago.

"this-this is my fault!" he muttered in a high pitched voice "this is my fault! I blew it!" a fake smile brimmed on his face, nervous laughter spilling from his lips. "she's been under so much pressure lately and instead of being understanding I just freaked out on her!!" he slammed his hand on his desk. You saw Evie flinch out of the corner of your eye.

"I have to go there and apologize" he realized, standing up fully and staring determined at Evie " I have to go there and beg her to come back!"

"Ben you'll never find her" Evie tried, shoulders slumping as Ben walked away and stared out the window, hands on his hips. "you have to know the isle, and how it works an!-" Evie stopped, looking at Ben's face through the reflection of the window "you have to take me with you" she muttered in a defeated voice.

Ben spun around, a hopeful look on his face." yes" he caught your look "uh-uh are you sure?" Evie sighed and slightly shook her head.

"yeah," she whispered "shes my best friend...and well bring the boys too because there's safety in numbers and none of us are too popular on the isle right now"

"then im coming too" Evie and Ben looked at you surprised, Evie blinking as she saw the harsh determination in your eyes "the more the safer right? I know i'm, not that "isle girl" you guys are but I need to help get Mal back" Evie nodded.

"Okay but let's get two things straight" you and Ben nodded "you have to promise me I won't get stuck there again."

Ben kept his eyes locked with hers "I promise"

Her shoulders fell and she smiled a bit "and there's no way you two are going looking like that" you and Ben glanced at each other, shrugging.

=

"guess whos baack~" Harry sang as he struts into the chip shop, Uma eating at one of the circle tables. She turned and raised her brow.

"Malsy~" he purred, sliding in the chair opposite of Uma. Uma sat up, jaw-dropping.

"Are you for real?!" she screeched, a small smile stretching on her lips.

"aye, ~ saw 'er in the little runt's hair salon, her hairs a nasty shade of pink now hehe" he cackled, setting down his hook and grabbing the bottle of rum.

"so what are we gonna do? Bake 'er into a pie? Hang her from the mast?"

"nothing" Harry spit out the swig of rum, looking at Uma with wide eyes.

"n-nothing? Uma she-shes finally in our grasp and yeh want ta to nothing!?" Uma held up her hand, silencing him.

"nothing...yet. I want to see whats shes doing here, and if her friends came along with her, if they did well use them as leverage to get revenge" Harry sighed in relief and nodded.

"aye captain"

–end of part 4–