part 3 - stress

=

=

You flourished your hand, ending the signature the paper needed to be approved, "okay my half done" you announced, stretching back in your seat and groaning lightly "alright, i'm gonna get to my dress fitting kay? See you later Ben" he waved you off, intently staring down at the paper he was overviewing.

You ran to Evie's dorm, smiling as you entered, Mal sitting on her bed wearing her own cotillion dress. "love the dress Mal" you chirped, making her jump and looked to you surprised.

'oh! Uh thanks," she muttered distracted, eyes drifting to her mother in the tank.

"just in time (y/n), now here's the form and go get changed so I can make any changes to the size or anything kay?" you nodded and grabbed the light pink dress, going behind her changing setup.

Minutes later you stood on her little platform letting her move your body around and pin the fabric. "so, what do you think" Evie smiled up at you, glancing down you moved your arms around and took a deep breath.

"pretty good! If I could have some gloves that end in a princess point?" Evie beamed and grabbed her measuring tape, grabbing your arm, and started to measure.

"read it fast at lightning speed, remember everything I need" you glanced at Mal, who tossed her spellbook to the side and grabbed a evacuate book, waving her finger around and spelling it.

"Mal please teach me that, It would be so dang helpful for Sundays with my grandma" you laughed, mentally patting yourself on the back as Mal looked to you and gave you a small grin.

"well I think, Mal should give her spellbook to the museum!" Evie grabbed the book, Mal gasping and reaching for it "she doesn't need it"

"you remember what I was like I couldn't even remember what class I had next without it" Mal whined, reaching for the book.

"I don't know about you Evie, but I had that book I would use it for the same reasons Mal is using it, it's a lot to go from an isle girl to a lady of the court, there are so many rules and expectations that it's so mentally exhausting keeping up with it all!" you had a habit of talking with your hands so as you ended with your mini-rant you dropped your hands from the air and let them hit your legs.

Mal gave you a grin, the brightest you've seen the last couple months, Evie looked from the book to Mal and sighed, placing the book back in Mals lap "I guess you're right, but you have to tell Ben soon, i'm sure he'll understand the pressure you've been under to perform"

Mal nodded glumly, picking her book back up and continuing to read. You sighed, glancing at the refined sketch of your dress Evie was shoving in front of you.

"love it Evie! If its no trouble, maybe some more lilac?" Evie smiled and shook her head.

"no problem at all, you, Mal, and Chad are the only ones not done yet, I already finished the others and Jane and Lonnie had their last fittings yesterday" she chirped, grabbing a marker and opening it with her teeth, scribbling in some more lilac in your dress.