Part 8 - cotillion night

=

You had been dragged into the chip shop to watch the cotillion with the crew, seated between Harry and Gil. the red carpet moment was playing, the press asking a billion questions. Jane appeared on screen, dressed in a chiffon periwinkle blue dress with a pink bow on her hip, her loosely curled dark hair cascading around her shoulders.

"Jane where Is miss (y/n)?!"

"We haven't seen her tonight do you know where she is!?!"

Somehow Jane lied smoothly, though you could tell she was nervous.

"she came down with a cold and decided to stay back in the dorms for tonight, sorry!"

You winced in sympathy for Jane, not knowing if mal and ben had lied to her or not, but she continued onto the ship, Lonnie appearing just after her.

As the night went on, Mal finally appeared, Ben soon after. You could feel how tense they were through the tv screen. But soon Ben revealed the stain-glass window for Mal.

She gasped in awe, and moments later she and Ben shared their first kiss believe it or not.

The crew around you yelled and taunted at the tv Mal and Ben.

"ugg" you saw a random patty be thrown at the screen "prissy traitor" you heard harry mutter from beside you, you took the chance to glance at him. He sipped on his flat soda, glaring at the screen.

So in their eyes, Mal was a traitor....with what you've seen of the isle and how she hadn't tried to get anymore vks off (which you admit wasn't her job but Bens. but with her being a vk and knowing the struggle of her fellow vks you'd think she'd try to get the program moving) their viewing of her made sense.

You hadn't noticed you were zoning out, staring at Harry's face. He looked at you with the corner of his eye, his brow raising as he saw you staring at him. "yeh good lass?" you blinked and shook your head, looking at him confused for a moment.

"um-yeah sorry, zoned out" harry hummed and popped a fry in his mouth.

"did you have a dress all ready to go (y/n)?" Gil asked, slurping up some eggs.

"Yeah, unfortunately, I won't get to wear it" you murmured, starting to eat the tray that Uma had tossed in front of you. The fries and the fish sticks weren't that bad honestly, which is probably why Ursulas chip shop was pretty popular.

"surprised your not gagging princess" Bonnie taunted, stealing one of your fish sticks. You shrugged, popping another fry in your mouth.

"im not picky, I used to eat dirt when I was a kid so" Bonnie eyebrows shot up.

"you ate dirt?" she laughed, looking kind've impressed.

"well, ya know! You're a kid, your curious, it looks like crushed up oreos so...you just kinda...ate it? And then your mom would sprint over and make you spit it out" harry snorted on his drink, the soda going down the wrong way.

He let out a wheezing cough, you winched and watched as the tall teen with the braids punched his back "sh*t lass, don't just say stuff like tha'" he chuckled, hitting his chest a couple of times.

"But I really didn't say anything funny?" you were kinda confused. What was funny about that?

"it was just the way yeh said lass" he snorted, patting your head and going back to his food.

"UMA!" you jumped in fright, gasping as you saw Uma step out from the kitchen, her entire body was tense. Harry picked up his hook and looked toward the back room, halfway out of his chair. "COME HERE YOU TWERP" Uma let out a shuddered sigh and walked into the back room with her head held high.

"the hell" you muttered, yelping as Harry grabbed you and started to rush out of the shop "what's goin-"

"yeh don't wanna know lass, EVERYONE OUT!" the pirates around scattered, the crew following behind Harry's lead, knowing uma wouldn't want them around.

You gasped as you heard a crash from the inside, and an older woman screaming. You wanted to rush back in but Harry completely grabbed you and lead you away and onto the ship.

=

Later, Uma appeared in front of you in the brig, she had a growing black eye, a limp and a couple of bruises scattered around her body, you leaped up and dug into our bag, reaching through the bars to her.

she looked down at your hands confused, her eyes widening as she spotted the medical supplies.

"what are you-"

"take them" you urged, pressing yourself against the bars to inch closer to her "please" she glared at you.

"I don't want your help" you huffed, glaring back, surprising Uma.

"but you need it!" you yelled, "you've been hurt by someone whos supposed to protect you, this is something that shouldn't happen and I want to help you....please" Uma stared at you for a moment before reaching out and unlocking your cell.

You took the chance and ran out, stopping in front of Uma and cupping her face gently, she flinched slightly and leaned back, her breathing stopping as you gently turned her face to get a closer look.

"tch," you grabbed your bag and grabbed some Neosporin, uncapping it and squirting some on your finger, reaching up to Umas face and spreading it on a large sucker looking bruise.

You and Uma sat in silence as you treated her wounds, grabbing some bandages you wrapped her heavily bruised thigh that was beginning to bleed.

"...Mal lied to me about you" you muttered, Uma snorted and rolled her eyes, leaning back on her palms.

"of course she did....what did she say exactly"

"that you were after the wand for wold domination, that you were your mother's puppet, that you didn't care about anyone but your self. But with everything I've seen, everything you've done, Mal was lying" Uma looked down at you as you stared down at the ground.

"you want the wand to free all the kids who've done nothing wrong except be born to people who have done wrong, as soon as I learned that the people here had kids I knew that you guys did not deserve to be here, hell, Im the one who convinced Ben to finally use it as his first proclamation!" Uma just stared at you as you ranted, before humming.

"what will you do then?" you looked up at her in confusion "what will you do to help"

You went silent, continuing to stare into Umas golden flecked eyes.

"....ill write your demands" Uma didn't expect that her jaw-dropping open slightly "you don't know exactly what you need, you only know the basics, you may ask for food, medicine and clothes, but with the jerks on the council they would go behind Ben's back and send expired medication, just past the expiration date food, and fabric that could hardly be worn for this type of weather on the isle.

I know names, brand names, I can make sure you get the good things, actual clothes, if needed good fabric, and real medicine and supplies, let me help you"

Uma smiled, a real one, she stood, holding out her hand for you to take "it's a deal princess, and in return, you'll be under our protection, and part of the crew"

You grinned and took her hand, standing with her, and nodded.

"I won't let you down Uma, I will make the isle a little more bearable until Ben gets things moving, I promise"

–end of part 8–