76. Snotlout's treasure

"SNOTLOUT!" Kiara roared at the top of her lungs. Her fist pounded against his hut's front door repeatedly. "Either come out or let me in!"

"No way!" Snotlout's voice came from inside.

Her second fist joined in as she bludgeoned the door with both in a manic frenzy. "I will TEAR DOWN THIS DOOR!" she hollered.

"Get lost! My hut is a lunatic-free zone!"

Kiara ground her teeth, cursing him and this darn door for keeping her away. She wished she had kept the war hammer she'd found yesterday in Viggo's treasury as she imagined hacking through the wood with it and being able to go feral on the Viking. With that thought cooking in her mind, she pressed her palms against the door, shoulders hunched, then pushed herself off and stormed away with a final shriek.

Her commotion had captured the attention of others on the island by then, thus she ran into Hiccup and Fishlegs almost instantly. Hiccup stopped her from marching past by grabbing her shoulder. "Kiara, what are you doing?" Hiccup asked, puzzled by her dishevelled state and the fury radiating from her.

"Getting a war hammer," she snapped, then scooted back and out of his grip.

"What? For— for Snotlout?"

Her lips pulled apart into a sinister smile. "Whether or not the hammer ends up lodged in his skull is entirely up to Snotlout," she responded sweetly.

"What on Earth did he do?" Fishlegs asked, shrinking away from the expression she held.

"Probably something stupid," came Astrid's voice from behind Kiara as the blonde casually approached.

Kiara felt a surge of annoyance as she surveyed her company. She was surrounded by the three members who wouldn't be of any help in this situation. "Where the hell are the twins when I need them," she growled.

"What do you need them for?" Snotlout asked, his head popping out from a window. "Those lunatics are blacklisted from my hut too, you know."

"I need them to blow up that stupid hut of yours, you SLIMY PIECE OF—"

"Woah!" Astrid exclaimed as she held Kiara back from launching herself at Snotlout. He quickly pulled his head back in and slammed the window shut. Breathing heavily and red in the face, Kiara struggled against the stronger woman. Her mind kept screaming the same words as her glare remained fixed on the window: HOW DARE HE...

"Did someone mention blowing up something?" Tuffnut asked as he and his sister landed beside the group after ziplining there. Kiara's head snapped to him, her eyes lighting up. "Yes," she said, pointing to the hut. "Blow it up."

"Yes!" They opened their mouths and hollered a zippleback call.

"Wait, stop! No one is blowing anything up!" Hiccup ordered, silencing them. Ignoring the sour looks he recieved from the three 'lunatics', he continued, "We are going to sort this out in a civil manner. Now tell me, Kiara. What happened?"

Fire reignited in Kiara's eyes as she remembered it.

Upon arriving at the Edge at the god-awful hour of dawn, everyone had collapsed into their beds; Kiara had slept especially long and hard since the stress of everything that had happened the day before had battered her brain. However, it became apparant that her brain couldn't catch a break because the burden of a still dream was bestowed upon it. And guess who's face she saw through the crystal, looming over her with a wide satisfied simper? Snotlout Jorgenson. Un-freaking-believable.

In one moment she woke up with her heart in her throat, in the next she was a mad bloodhound chasing Snotlout around the island and barking for answers, up until he managed to baracade himself in his hut.