fallin' all in you | 9

J A D E W R I G H T

"Alright class, have a good day!" I waved, dismissing my students. Mackenzie stayed behind as usual for her after-school reading lesson. "Alright, Mackenzie let's get to work. Our lesson is going to be short today." I clapped, dragging over a seat.

"Okay, dad said he had a date tonight." Mackenzie blurted out, knocking me off guard. She must've overheard Chase, Chase wouldn't tell Mackenzie about us so soon. "But I don't know who with." She shrugs opening up her book.

"Oh, how do you feel about that?"

"As long as he's happy." Mackenzie giggles, pulling out her drawing. "Here's my drawing of Alex's garden."

"Very good Mackenzie." I smiled taking a closer look. Mackenzie and I continued to read through the book, talking about the characters. "Awesome job today Kenzie, we are all done for today." I high fived her. "I'll walk you out, your dad must not be here yet-"

As Mackenzie and I walked out the door, we were greeted by a new face walking down the hallway.

"Uncle Ryan!" Mackenzie shrieks running down towards him.

"Hey kiddo." Ryan smiles greeting her. "Jade Wright, it is sure nice to see you again," Ryan said before pulling me in an unexpected hug.

"You to Ryan, it's been too long." I smiled.

"Hell yeah it has, we got to get together sometime and catch up," Ryan suggests before reaching in his coat pocket. "Ole Clyde wanted me to give this to ya." Ryan sneakily hands over a note. "Good luck tonight." Ryan winks.

"Thanks." I chuckled. "Bye guys, see you tomorrow Mackenzie." I waved before walking back to my classroom. I opened up the note, carefully reading over every word.

Hope you're ready for the night of your life. See you at 7.
-CE

I chuckled to myself, getting anxious for tonight. I still couldn't wrap my mind around the fact that Chase and I have finally reunited after all these years. It was mind-boggling how much strength I've had to let everything holding me back go. I didn't want anything to go wrong, not with Chase literally standing right in front of me, ready and willing.

I left my classroom, rushing back home to get ready. I was greeted by Natalie lounging on my couch scrolling through social media.

"God Natalie, how did you get in here?"

"I know where you keep the spare key? Why are you so frantic and jumpy?" She questioned. "Wait, I know that look!" She jumped on my couch as I dropped my bags.

"What? I don't have a look-"

"You have a date!" Natalie yells. I stared at her trying to keep my composure but I couldn't keep everything in. I cracked a smile, jumping up and down. "Ah! You got a date!" Natalie jumped towards me, wrapping her arms around me. "What time?"

"Three hours."

"Okay, come on let's get you ready!"

C H A S E E L L I O T T

"Alright, be good for Kayleigh and Ryan okay?" I walked Ryan and Mackenzie out. "I'll come pick you up after I'm done."

"Okay, good luck on your date." Mackenzie giggles running off to Ryan's truck.

"Hey, don't look at me. Your kid is smarter than you think, she picks up on things." Ryan chuckled as I glanced over at him. "But hey, good luck tonight man. Knock her dead, okay not literally, but get that second date."